Bmuscial

Scared vomiting with every meal

9 posts in this topic

I haven't posted in a while because i have had alot going on but now i need you guys. For the last 2 weeks i have been vomiting everything i eat. I have only been able to keep down broth and water. Anything else hurts and comes back up. Sometimes it almost feels like it is stuck until it comes back up. At the beginning of the year i had to have a perf repair and it almost feels like that as well. I am just so tired of having complications. I mean don't get me wrong to this day i don't regret having my surgery but come on already. I am having an EGD thursday i just wanted to know what you guys thought it could be. What do you think are the chances that they could just dialate it and that be that.:confused:

Kasey, sorry you're having problems again but I have no answer for you. Hopefully the EGD will show something and you will be able to get some relief.

Hang in there, and let us know.

Kasey, I sure hope you get some answers tomorrow. I don't mean to discourage you but being further out I highly doubt a stretching will help anything. You really are too far out for a stricture. My concerns would be an ulcer or some type of obstruction. If the EGD doesn't show anything make sure they do a CT scan with maybe an upper GI.

You've had so many problems. I'm sorry to hear that you once again are having more.

In the back of my mind i know that but maybe i just needed to hear it. It seems like i am in a catch 22 with this surgery. I was unhappy and unhealthy when i was larger and now i am just so hungry.(LOL) Really i would just like to be able to sit down and eat a meal and not worry. I was just hoping that the next time i check into the hospital it would be for my tummy tuck. At this moment though i just want the pain to go away. Thank you for your kind words and support.

Kasey, I sure hope you get some answers tomorrow. I don't mean to discourage you but being further out I highly doubt a stretching will help anything. You really are too far out for a stricture. My concerns would be an ulcer or some type of obstruction. If the EGD doesn't show anything make sure they do a CT scan with maybe an upper GI.

You've had so many problems. I'm sorry to hear that you once again are having more.

Is there pain when you eat or it just comes right back up? I feel like a lil doctor now. lol... Beth you and i both know, even with all this testing it could come back fine.

What other post-op issues did you have if u dont mind me asking?

Yes it hurts when i eat and it hurts when i drink. I have had a perf that was repaired,two 14 cm ulcers,a hernia repair,two sets of kidney stones,a gallbladder that almost ruptured, a kinked intestines,and no wait thats it.

Is there pain when you eat or it just comes right back up? I feel like a lil doctor now. lol... Beth you and i both know, even with all this testing it could come back fine.

What other post-op issues did you have if u dont mind me asking?

Yep, you and I both know Kelly tests don't always show whats wrong. Exactly why you ended up getting an exploratory surgery twice.

Considering your history, Kasey I would highly suspect another ulcer, an internal hernia or some type of bowel obstruction. I know that isn't what you wanted to hear but you've been through this before, sadly and you know what you are feeling isn't a "simple" stricture.

Let us know how your EGD goes today. For your sake I hope it is an ulcer that can be treated with medication. Like Kelly, you've had more than your fair share of surgeries. :(

Can I ask you about the kinked intestines? what were your symptoms? how did you know you were having problems?

my kinked intestine, i had pain when i ate/drank or even when i didnt eat or drink. My pain was right below my ribcage, smack dab in the middle.

Honestly, if you have pain... DONT WAIT. It is so crucial and it kills me to see people waiting 2-3 weeks to get things taken care of.