Linda in MN

Is there really a protein powder with no taste?

18 posts in this topic

Is there such a thing as a protein powder with no taste? I'm looking for extra protein to slip into my son's diet. He is disabled and can't fully understand the consequences of his food choices so I need to monitor his diet. He has Down Syndrome, hypothyroidism, and is overweight. I was thinking if I could boost his protein in take, it might help him curb his carb cravings.

I need to order more of my protein drink from Vitalady and I thought I would get some protein for my son, as well. Suggestions are welcome!

Unjury makes a Unflavored protein. I've never tried it. Make sure it's ok with the doc. :)

I use Unflavored Unjury --- and you can "taste" the protein... at least I haven't been able to hide it yet... It's not that bad, you just have to get used to it.

Thanks for the input. My son also likes juice but hates milk and will rarely even drink chocolate milk. Is there anything out there that tastes like juice but, has a good amount of protein? Just looking for ideas....

I bought some unflavored protein powder at Supplements.net and it has no taste and it mixes with anything. I add it to soups, juice, yogurt.... It is fantastic. It's made by Allmax.

Cindy

I bought some unflavored protein powder at Supplements.net and it has no taste and it mixes with anything. I add it to soups, juice, yogurt.... It is fantastic. It's made by Allmax.

Cindy

Cindy - it that the IsoNatural Pure Whey Protein Isolate? 2# for 35.69

Have you found a protein bar you like?

Toony, yes that is it! I am very happy with this product!

Also on the GB nutrition there is a thread (page 3) a question: "Are unflavored Whey protein powder really unflavored". It has a couple of products.

Cindy

You could go to vitalady.com and order some samples of the Syntrax Nectars and see if he will drink any of these.

You can use 'as is' or mix with crystal light, etc. I don't know, could this be mixed in with jello or even plain yogurt, perhaps?

I got the Twisted Cherry (I bought it on ebay because it was cheaper there) and I really like it.

Take the unflavored unjury, sf carnation breakfast, 8 oz milk, sf pudding and ice blend it up and it is a great milkshake--between 30-35 grams of protein

Ocean Spray makes all the sugar free drinks now. You can even get them in the little mix and go packets. I think they have 5 calories a serving, alot less than juice.

Ocean Spray makes all the sugar free drinks now. You can even get them in the little mix and go packets. I think they have 5 calories a serving, alot less than juice.

I tried the Ruby Red one, and it's so yummy...just like grapefruit juice. :)

Take the unflavored unjury, sf carnation breakfast, 8 oz milk, sf pudding and ice blend it up and it is a great milkshake--between 30-35 grams of protein

How much SF pudding and ice do you use?

unjury also makes a fruit flavored protein powder that you can add to plain water. it isnt that bad. as for the unflavored, i mix it with other things soups etc. they also do a chicken flavor that is great in chicken soups and stews. the regular chocolate and vanilla, i have found to be the best tasting ones around. i started trying different brands before this process so at the last minute i wouldnt be trying to find one. you can get to the unjurty website at: UNJURY Medical Quality Protein Supplement: High Protein Supplement Uses Whey Protein Isolate. Great tasting whey protein supplements!. this link will take you right there.

best wishes,

tyg. (kat)

For the unflavored unjury... you can smell it and taste it!!! I am horrible with trying to drink something that tastes nasty or smells gross...and to me this on is it!!! I tried to mix it with crystal light, soup, pudding and nothing worked so I gave it to my sister!!! Just the thought of it makes me what to hurl a whirl!!!

great info

I tried the Ruby Red one, and it's so yummy...just like grapefruit juice.

I like to take the Grapefruit and a sunrise orange and mix them together. Yummy.

I like to take the Grapefruit and a sunrise orange and mix them together. Yummy.

Mmm, that sounds good....until protein powder is added to the mix. :eek: