CrazyElvis

How Long To Loose 100 Pounds??

19 posts in this topic

wondering how long it took those that have lost that much to do it.:D

I lost 100 at just before 7 mos. at exactly 30 wks.

I know for sure I was at 90lbs. on my 6 month surgeriversary, so it wasn't long after that when I was at 100lbs... but men typically lose faster.

4 months post op......81 lbs

I am just over 3 month post op and am down 76 lbs, so 100 isn't too far behind!

I lost the first 100 by my six month surgiversary.. in the following three months, I've "only" lost 19 lbs :( it's annoying..

I lost 101 in the first 3 months after surgery.

I lost 101 in the first 3 months after surgery.

Sometimes I wish I were a guy!

I'm at 99 pounds lost from my highest weight a week before my surgery, and it's been 27 weeks total.

I'm working to pass the 100 pound loss this week by losing 3 pounds by the end of the week. Then I get my hubby's gift and make an appt. for an afternoon at the day spa. He actually gave me the gift weeks ago, but I didn't want to go until I had that first 100 down: my incentive.

Then onto my next goal: Onederland! I know I'll be balling like a baby when I read 199 on the scale.

I wish I could tell you that I've gotten to that goal. But I'm 7 months out (April 2 surgery) and have lost approx. 65 lbs. I am currently experiencing a 6 plus week stall. Oh joy. But I am having major back issues and haven't been able to exercise for a long, long time. Also I have heard that pain meds slow down weight loss (this could be true...or not:cool:) and I'm not sleeping, which doesn't help. Quite depressing.

We all lose at different rates because of all kinds of different factors affecting our "journey"...so I try to be philosophical about the whole thing...but more often than not find myself, as stated above, becoming depressed over such a sloooooooooooowww decrease in weight. When I'm cruising the forum...I actually try to advert my eyes from the "signature" so I don't become outrageously jealous of how much some have lost. Though I am happy for them; it still can bother me when I'm on the slow train as opposed to the "bullet" train:eek:!!

But hey...the scale isn't going up either!

cheers...the mums

we are all SO different, keep that in mind! i lost the first 100 in about 7 months.

I'm almost at 5 months and have lost 60 pounds since surgery, much slower than many on here. You are going to drive yourself crazy comparing yourself to others unless you are a fast loser. DH and I are going on a hiking vacation to Sedona next week, so I'm hoping that will kick start things again.

I'm almost 6 months out, and I'm down about 85 pounds since surgery. My weight loss has REALLY slowed down recently, but it's still coming off slowly. My doc says I'm on the fast end of the weight loss curve, and everybody is different. The key is to not compare yourself to anyone else. It'll help your mental health the most.

My loss was slower than most...I think I was 10 months out when i hit century...everybody's different!

My surgery date was June 30th and I am down 51 pounds. I am happy with that.

For myself I was able to lose 100 lbs after 3 months, saying that I believe that it comes off easier for men in the beginning. As was said here before we are all so different, please dont compare yourself to others to much, go with how it goes for you and you will find the achievment you make to be in the correct time for you.

Paul

I am 2 years and 1 month to the day and still have NEVER lost 100 lbs. I have made it to 98 then it stopped. :mad: I have been stuck since about 16 months out.

Don't compare yourself with others, you'll just get frustrated. It matters what your BMI when you have surgery plus everyone is different. Have you asked your doctor what he expects?

When my weight loss slowed down and the scale didn't move as much, in the beginning I felt that THIS WAS IT. But I had to get over it and follow my own advice. I'm gaining muscle, my clothes are fitting better, I'm feeling better, getting around more, and my friends tell me that I'm smiling and laughing more. I got that yesterday that I'm glowing.

I'll take the glow!

When I first came to TT, a tad before my RNY, I DID compare the numbers and found them to not be consistent. BUT I was happy that 100 pounds in SIX to SEVEN months was possible and that held me together and gave me hope that by Christmas I'd look different and wanted desperately to FEEL different, FEEL better.

I was well aware that I would have to develop my own timetable. And I'm well aware that if I don't follow the rules I'll put myself in self-defeating mode... so I just worked to change my habits and I'm continually striving to make my new habits second nature. So far, so good.

Everyone is different, especially their metabolism. I have help because I'm Hypothyroid and I'm on Synthroid to keep it going - but it only keeps me normal rather than high... exercise is what revs it up so I do that when I can as often as I can, but in my body state, I know I don't do enough because my body won't yet let me.

So look at other numbers to know what's possible, and of course, it often does depend on gender and your size... the largest seem to have the first 100 down quick. Don't be discouraged if your numbers aren't exactly the same. You work it your tool and it will work for you.

Slow and steady wins the race!