Marella

Flintstones vs. Bariatric Vitamins

On 9/23/2016 at 10:04 AM, JRH said:

I have lost over 175 pounds, kept my hair, lost almost no muscle mass.

Flinstones Complete and tons of protein.

Expensive vitamins are a waste of money, even for bypass patients.

That's solely your opinion.  However, the ASMBS and 40 years of solid medical research would disagree.

Welcome to make your own choices. Of course its my opinion. LOL. However, some here have spent 10 times what it costs for what ASMBS recommends and that is what I refer to as expensive vitamins. Recommend you print the ASMBS recommendation by nutrient, and compare to the various brands of vitamins. 

And relax, its not a declaration of war. /snicker

When I go to click on the link, it wants me to log into FB which I don't have. Is there any other way to get this chart?

9 hours ago, AdrianVV said:

When I go to click on the link, it wants me to log into FB which I don't have. Is there any other way to get this chart?

This thread is getting on for 9 years old now.  She compiled the chart so was free to remove it.

Bariatric Advantage compiled 3 multivitamin comparison charts that are worth checking out:   https://www.bariatricadvantage.com/page/compare?title=Multivitamin for Mal Absorbtive Procedures

10 minutes ago, cinwa said:

This thread is getting on for 9 years old now.  She compiled the chart so was free to remove it.

Bariatric Advantage compiled 3 multivitamin comparison charts that are worth checking out:   https://www.bariatricadvantage.com/page/compare?title=Multivitamin for Mal Absorbtive 

Thank you, I appreciate that. 

To be honest i had so much trouble with the vitamins at first i had to switch over to liquid Iron and multi vitamins ....

did any one else get really nauseas with pills and chews?

Ive been using the ones below - 

liquid iron

liquid vegan multi

i found the liquids much easier to digest