bridgetgirl

Diet Do's and Dont's

32 posts in this topic

Bridget is brilliant! I have been cutting out the things on her list and adding things on her list and my stall has broken! I think the fat from meat, cheese and nuts is good for you contrary to most people. Of course the higher in fat the longer you stay full, less snacking, and it just might work. I hardly eat carbs, when I do they turn me into a carb monster! Carbs from milk and fruits and veggies don't have this effect. Just my experience.YMMV.

Bridget is brilliant! I have been cutting out the things on her list and adding things on her list and my stall has broken! I think the fat from meat, cheese and nuts is good for you contrary to most people. Of course the higher in fat the longer you stay full, less snacking, and it just might work. I hardly eat carbs, when I do they turn me into a carb monster! Carbs from milk and fruits and veggies don't have this effect. Just my experience.YMMV.

I'm glad I was able to help! Much success to ya!

I always thought that many mini meals was best. Am I really wrong?

I always thought that many mini meals was best. Am I really wrong?

I really think it depends on the individual. Some folks are able to split their meals into small mini-meals throughout the day. Some folks HAVE to in order to control their blood sugar or to get in enough food through the day because they can still only hold small portions. However, so many people have a tendency to fall back into the bad habit of "grazing" and I think THAT is where the general "no snacking" rule comes in. We all have to evaluate the info that is given to us and HONESTLY determine what will work for ourselves. Sometimes that is hard to do and it's easier just to follow a "rule."

Thanks, I think I will continue my mini meals plus WW. Wish me luck.

The information really made me feel better. I noticed I was able to eat more (still small portions) but was worried that I had somehow over stretched my pouch. Plus I hit a was not losing weight as fast as i had been able too. I've only lost 7 pounds in the last 40 days. I am 4.5 months out from gastric bypass.

Edited by marcijean5

Weird. On my phone the article cuts off at "regular meals larger than 1" but when I looked up the article online I found that the article goes in beyond that. Maybe other phones or PCs are different. If it maybe it's worth reposting.