bridgetgirl

WLS verbage thinnertimesisms

*sings* yeah i'm an OPP yeah you know me... ? hehe

LOL Now you'll have that song in my head! :P Who else is down wit OPP? :D

:

Does OP still even make clothes anymore?

OP is still into beachwear. I was in a beachy clothing store not long ago and they still have tons of stuff. :) Didn't see any short cords shorts though - I TOTALLY remember them too :rolleyes:

That Post is NOT on my Thread Spread...lol...I swear.

Whatever!

OP=Ocean Pacific~ Silly corded shorts I wore growing up:rolleyes:

Does OP still even make clothes anymore?

TD

BTW,TD=Thanks Duckie:p

Funny you say that, I was laughing just yesterday, I live in OC, (thats for Orange County, and thats in So Cal!!).

There was an add on the radio advertising one of the local stores selling OP!!

Since I lost part of my memory since surgery I cant remember what the store was, but I was laughing, since we grew up in OP country!!

And yes, it does show your age!!:D:D

OK, some questions...

What do the ducky thing mean??:confused:

DUckie is my nickname. Is that what you mean? I have had this nickname for 18 years.

A ducksack is a big fleece "sack" -- see picture in my profile album.

Uh, what's with the Dog thing? :P

Hey I have been here for over 4 years and I dont know what the Monkey mascot thingy is... help me! Gym Rats, they unite to work out. Bears, they have silly bear names. Go to groups, you will see the group for them! :)

OT: off topic DONT READ THESE IF YOU ONLY WANT INFO ABOUT WLS, THEY HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH WLS!

WLS: weightloss surgery

Lap: laproscopic

Open: not lap but open.. do they even do open anymore?

Flame: mad at someone!

Thought I'd bump this one up for the newest members of the forum and also add two:

1) MO for Morbidly Obese

2) and for personal reasons, since I can't seem to get the accent to work without a lot of hassle on one of my computers, I'd like to add "DF" for my "Dear Fianc

Hey I have been here for over 4 years and I dont know what the Monkey mascot thingy is... help me! Gym Rats, they unite to work out. Bears, they have silly bear names. Go to groups, you will see the group for them! :)

Bridge--

T-T, the sock monkey, and the TT Bears are both sweet, fun ways that folks have used to bond and become closer. T-T the monkey is especially dear, as he is the material manifestation of the love on this forum. T2 tends to travel to peeps who could use a good group hug or just some physical reminder of how much we all love each other here. (Check it out! With this last year you have had, I bet you could use some T-T!)

The TTBears are just another group of international posters who have found a like minded way to identify each other.

Neither of these factions are political or elitist. Anyone is more than welcome to join in the fun, and (other than picking a bear name) nothing is expected of anyone! It's just good old fashioned internet humor.:D

IMO: In my opinion

IMHO: In my honest opinion

Iggy: ignore them Ignore button feature can have it activated to ignore people who bother you.

Bridge--

T-T, the sock monkey, and the TT Bears are both sweet, fun ways that folks have used to bond and become closer. T-T the monkey is especially dear, as he is the material manifestation of the love on this forum. T2 tends to travel to peeps who could use a good group hug or just some physical reminder of how much we all love each other here. (Check it out! With this last year you have had, I bet you could use some T-T!)

The TTBears are just another group of international posters who have found a like minded way to identify each other.

Neither of these factions are political or elitist. Anyone is more than welcome to join in the fun, and (other than picking a bear name) nothing is expected of anyone! It's just good old fashioned internet humor.:D

Donna thanks for the clarificaton, I could have used some T2 sugar for sure!!!

i know there are several other new to the forum people out there. this is full of great info. this site has been a great source of relaxation for me as I enter the last few weeks before my new life begins.

I am a new member to TT and was looking for forum language. Thanks

Good idea, huh? Like our own lil Wikopedia?

Staplers: If you had gastric bypass

Losers: all of us that lose weight

Century Club: Lost 100 pounds

Onederland: got to the 199 mark and counting down

Keeping the bench warm: losers anxiously awaiting for pre ops to join them after surgery

Banders: lap banders

DH: Dear husband

TT: Thinnertimes

SO: Significant other

DP: Domestic Partner

Rebirthday or Suriversary: The day you had WLS

Trying to think of more....

Thanks so much for creating this thread. I couldn't figure out several of these but NUT, Onederland, and Century Club were giving me a headache, lol!

Thought I'd bump this one up for the newest members of the forum and also add two:

1) MO for Morbidly Obese

2) and for personal reasons, since I can't seem to get the accent to work without a lot of hassle on one of my computers, I'd like to add "DF" for my "Dear Fianc

IDK: I dont know

S/F: sugar free

LOL: laughing out loud

BF: best friend or boy friend

BFF: best friend forever

... go about getting this a "sticky" thread? That would be cool!

Peeps: People

WL: weightloss

D/C: discontinue

RX: perscription

TMI: too much info

props: you are doing well

Rock on Staplers and Banders

Great idea Bridget, I think this was done years ago, time for an update and a few new ones.

Did we miss this one??

GBS: Gastric Bypass Surgery

BUX: Starbucks

BOSOX: Boston Red Sox fan

Hmmmmmmmmm

Rain! This is the old one that was started a L O N G time ago! Yup I think that was missed! (( HUGS )) I love and miss you very much! Summer is coming up and Im gonna miss your party dammit!

Bridget, PM John and let him know that people would like this to be a sticky thread.. if he thinks it's appropriate, he is who would need to do it.

I keep it bookmarked so I can point people who ask, but a sticky would be good! :)

Good idea, huh? Like our own lil Wikopedia?

Staplers: If you had gastric bypass

Losers: all of us that lose weight

Century Club: Lost 100 pounds

Onederland: got to the 199 mark and counting down

Keeping the bench warm: losers anxiously awaiting for pre ops to join them after surgery

Banders: lap banders

DH: Dear husband

TT: Thinnertimes

SO: Significant other

DP: Domestic Partner

Rebirthday or Suriversary: The day you had WLS

Trying to think of more....

This is one of the most enjoyable threads I have read so far. Thanks for putting this together Bridgett. I have been scratching my head on some of the abbreviations. :o

I thought it wasin reference to Michael Jackson's mansion...but alas that was neverland? lol

well thank the lord misty sent me this, i now know what dh is!