lward76

Am I the only one reversed on here?

I know this board has expanded alot. But, just wondering if I am the only one that has been reversed? I am a emoitional wreck here! I am so feeling I should of waited a little longer, what the hell did i do? I know I was sick, but, now what do I do? I feel so lost and alone at this. And for alot of you I know you dont understand, but its just so hard right now! Gosh, sorry. Laura:o

Laura I wish I could help you out. I hope you can find some others out there that can offer some advice. Take care and Hugs.

There are a few revisions. Have to look for the links tho.

Hey Laura

I haven't been reversed thankfully but just wanted to offer my support.

Remember, you did what was right for you at the time. Why are you now regretting it - are you putting back on weight?

I think you showed great courage in your decision and you should take pride in it. I don't know that I would have had the strength to do it if faced with the same issues.

xxx

I have looked for others that have been reversed but cant seem to find one? And the one who did, well she is no longer here. Sheereeks thanks, I know i did what i had to do at the time, but i have been questioning myself did i really have to? I know this makes no since and I know that i was very ill. It was like 90% of dieing if i wasnt reversed or 85% of not making it off the table, so that is what my doc told me. Yes, I have put on 7-8 pounds already. And my family tells me that I actually look like a human again instead of the walking dead. I went from 00 to a size 5, and it scares me, because I do like where IM at just dont want to put on anymore, I have really been watching what im eating, no fast food no soda. And gonna join curves again.

And waiting80..I had the full gastric Bypass surgery and became very ill, for many months, the doctors had to go in and reattach everything but my stomach, which as of now is still small and thats what im trying like hell to keep it. I feel much hunger now than before, so alot of times i drink or should i say jug down alot of water before i eat,which is helping. Thanks all. Laura

You are doing great :) you know I'm not reversed, still in origninal packaging but I wanted to give my fellow woman support *hug*

I hope you stick around for selfish reasons (obviously) but also because I hope we can find a way to make it safe and supportive for you here as well.

tc... pm me if you want to make phone contact ok? I'll send you my ph# but only if you want :)

Jacki

Thanks For The Explanation On Beinbng Reversed, Sounds Like You Had A Hard Time But You Are Hanging In There Keep Up The Good Work And Stay Healthy.

Unfortunately Laura getting reversed usually menas they stop coming to the board. Suzy left for many reasons but even talking ot her offline... I find that she is getting to a healthy place.

Did you need a reversal... well listen to your posts.... I bet you can go back and find a dozen posts asking "what did i do to myself?" "was this the right surgery for me?" "shoudl I have tried harder to lose the weight without it" my point is we always doubt and ask the questions when we are in a rough place. Can you do this without the tool...probably if you take the time to figure out how you ate yourself into being overweight in the first place. Reversed you are no different than someone on this board taht's years out and struggling with weight gain.....

I've been getting better....it took 18 months. Am I 'well'.... no... I"m not but I'm so much better than I was the first 14 months. Would I still consider a reversal? yep... if the docs could give me some kind of garantee that I won't end up worse off than I was before. I may still end up on the table who knows.

Lately I've had some wierd pain and fullness that only happens when I eat and drink... one doc says it's in my head the other says it's an internal hernia that can't be repaired until it becomes emergent.....

The joys of the medical community.

Listen girl.... hang in there. The decision to be reversed...right or wrong... has been made. You are reversed the question now is what are you going to do about it? What choices are you making towards a new healthy lifestyle? Curves is awesome...watch not only what you eat but why you eat it. Get in touch with your inner foodie.....

I'm so thankful for you to be safe ans posting on this board...thin or fat you are still laura and that is a gift.

Thanks Laura for taking the time to respond to my what now seems like a silly question, but I had no idea that you could be reversed after gastric bypass. You did make the right decison for you. I know it is hard but try not to second guess yourself. I have a question for you once again though. I am having surgery on April 15,2008 (next week). After all you have been through would you reccommend the surgery???????? I am getting so nervous the closer it gets and I am wondering if I am making the right decison.

Laura,

I;m new to this site. What kind of symptoms were you having before your reversal, and how are you feeling now? My BPD was 6yrs ago, and I've suffered since. Don't want to live the rest of my life this way. Any info you can give would be great.

Sandra, I think around my fourth months out is when it actually started, with first getting sick with anything at all, and I had a burning and pain in my lower to mid left side is what I remember. About the only things I could hold down was only sometimes was pickles or peaches, but that just wasn't cuttin it ya know, and living on pain pills for months being all screwed up to where I would have to come back on here to read what I wrote for my journal. Sad but very much true.:o ...then It was to the point the smell of any kind of food would put me into the bathroom, so my family was no longer able to eat in the house for months. I cant honestly tell you what went wrong they are still researching it. And it took 7 or 8 other doctors at the same time in my hospital room with my surgeron and told him that I had to be reversed, that I was going to die. I have debated on putting those pics on here to show what i did look like, but have decieded not to because they are very distubing to me, and I dont want to scare any newbies, because in my personal opinion there are alot of success stories here and that is great. But, there are alot of people with problems that arent ready to face them yet, and some that have that just email me which is fine, but everyone's case I think is different. What symptoms are you having? And I hope whatever it is you get better and live a normal life again. Laura;)

Laura,

THanks for writing. I appreciate you sharing your experience. What surgery did you originally have? I'm assuming that you are doing better now? I don't even know which dr to go to, partly because no one in this area is familiar with the BPD that I had. I don't even know what test they'd do to find out if something's wrong (seems like I've had every test known to man already!). I have daily stomach pain, pressure/pain in my right upper quadrant, just under my right rib cage. I've had my gallbladder removed. I have almost daily bloating, gas and diarrhea. Have to be on antibiotics about every 2 months for chronic h. pylori infection, and gastroparesis. I feel good maybe one day a week. Most foods make me feel sick. I can't eat most vegetables or fruits, or anything spicy, with onions, tomatoes, garlic, etc. Just miserable. Are you in the St Louis area? I'm in the KC area. I appreciate your feedback.

I had GBS, through Barnes Jewish Hospital in St.Louis MO. Dr. Eagon is my Surgeon, he did both of my surgeries. And yes since my revesal I am feeling alot better physically and can eat again and live a normal life. The mental part is still here and probally will be for along time. Dr. Eagons # is 1-314-854-0399 ..Hope he can help you out. Laura;)

Hi Laura, I got reversed on 09/03/08 due to severe damage to my pouch from ulcers. I had my RNY on 10/30/08 so I didn't quite make it a year. I have lost all the weight I want to lose, and all the weight my doctor wants me to lose, so I'm just trying to maintain. I actually lost another 5 lbs since surgery, but I'm still eating under 1000 calories a day, and will continue to stay that way. I went from a size 22 to a size 10 and I'll be damned if I go back!!

I cried when they told me they had to do a reversal after they opened me up, I just knew that meant life was over; but in the 2 weeks since then I've really discovered that I DO know what to do to keep it off and I do make sure I count each calorie and make a note of what I put in my mouth. Honestly it will be nice to be able to eat Thanksgiving dinner, etc. as a treat now and then.

My stomach seems smaller than it used to be, I still can't eat much more than 1/2 to 3/4 of a cup of food at a time anyway. I hope that continues!

Anyway, just wanted to let you know you're not alone! I remember reading your posts when you were going through all the pain and right after your revision. Good luck!

Steph