Kimberly76

Roll Call

115 posts in this topic

I just have to say I must have had the best surgeon (knock wood). I did not have a drain. I have small incisions. He found and repaired a hiatal hernia at the time of surgery and looked for gallstones (none) I get hungry, I get full.

So far, so good. Back to work Monday.

Michiganmama likes this

I'm in Dearborn Heights, 5 mins from the airport. (Metro Detroit) Waiting for surgery....Jan 4th 2012. 7 weeks to go!

Edited by LMT

WELCOME aboard neighbor!

I'm in Dearborn Heights, 5 mins from the airport. (Metro Detroit) Waiting for surgery....Jan 4th 2012. 7 weeks to go!

Michiganmama likes this

I'm planning to have mine done at Henry Ford Wyandotte, as well! How was it there? I've heard great things about Dr. Hendrick.

I just joined the forum today and while checking it out I found this group. I am from Michigan about 30 mins south of Lansing in Jackson. Having my surgery in Flint at Hurley Medical with Dr Farhan. Don't have a date yet, I have my first appointment on the 22 of Feb. Hopefully all goes good and I will get things really going.

I'm in Clarkston...I've had a lapband for a year and loving it. If anyone has any questions or comments for lapband...feel free to contact me here or yahoo messenger (ask me my name). This site helped me early on...so I am back to help! I've lost almost 80lbs in one year and I am competing in 5k races almost every week...I am also training for a half marathon in the fall! You can do it too!

Edited by BrianW

It looks like this hasn't been updated for some time but here I am posting anyway:

I live in Ypsilanti and am having surgery about 15 minutes away at the University of Michigan. I would love to meet someone local who is near the same stage as myself. I think I will have my GB before the end of 2012.

Wow, this posting is very old! But I figured it couldn't hurt to post! I'm in SE Michigan...Clinton Township!

Niles, Mi in the very south west corner near south Bend, IN..... very old post lol.

Auburn Hills

I am just across the border in Lambertville.  I am having my surgery on 26 Dec at Toledo Hospital.  They have good support group meetings there.

Hi all! I live in Jackson, MI. Hoping to have my surgery in AA @ UofM. Getting all my ducks in a row right now, with a seminar scheduled for May 7th. Anyone close?

Hi all! Brand new to this site, and love it so far. I'm in Southgate, originally from Petoskey. Haven't had surgery yet, but all my requirements are being met pretty fast. 

Michiganmama likes this

Lincoln Park, Michigan

On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2008 at 3:47 PM, mom2theAteam said:

HI,

I'm in Waterford - near White Lake and W. Bloomfield. Going for my surgery at Beaumont on 10/16 - the day before my birthday. I'm really looking forward to the results....even though I'm not that great with pain. I figure it can't be as bad as the recouperation from my last C-Section which was when I had my twin boys.....am I wrong?

No the pain was mild compared to having my children.  I've never been to Waterford.