MiladyB

Medications postop

61 posts in this topic

This thread deserves a bump. I have a bad case of a Ragweed allergy right now and went searching for what I could take and ran across this thread. Blessings to Beth, for sure!

Thanks so much.

What can we take for diarrhea then?

What can we take for diarrhea then?

I was told to take Immodium for a bad case of diarrhea but as always, make an note to ask your surgeon/PCP.

How about Allegra-D? I have terrible sinuses and currently take it. Can I take it after surgery? I will have a pouch full of mucus without it

Allegra -D is fine but as always, run this by your surgeon beforehand.

The only issue is that the pills are HUGE and but the instructions state "Do not divide, crush, chew, or dissolve the tablet; swallow tablet whole".

I am soooo sick of taking pills ! I am four months out from Roux and I am tired of all the pills.

GRRRRRR

What a great cheat sheet! Thanks!

Something is making my heart thud loud when I try to go to sleep at night since home Monday. I'm 6 days post op . I have hycet and ondansetron and prilosec. They said the pre surgery meds I could re start are Flonase(did) claratin (did not ) and tamzepam for sleep (did one night only) but something is acting up at bed time.

LiquiCaps are gel caps right? Is it recommended that gastric bypass patients take gel caps? I've heard conflicting information.

Edited by blueskies7890

any issues with capsules? Ursodiol capsules twice a day seem large not sure if I can stop breaking apart and start swallowing I am currently 8-weeks post op from bypass...any suggestions?