• Announcements

• John

Community Guidelines   09/15/2015

A reminder that we have a general set of guidelines that are available at http://www.thinnertimesforum.com/guidelines/. If you have any questions or concerns, you may express them to me or a Community Leader directly. Thank you,
      John Callery
MiladyB

Susan Maria's Vanilla Egg Custard

11 posts in this topic

I was hungry for custard today so I tried this recipe. It was really good! It would be a great early postop meal. I did alter the recipe slightly. I added 3/4 c low fat milk and 1/4 c Davinci's sf butter rum flavoring. DELICIOUS and very easy!!

SUSAN MARIA'S VANILLA EGG CUSTARD

Susan Maria's Before & After Help (Powered by Invision Power Board)

WLS 1/2 cup portion: Calories 110, fat 4.5 gr, carbs 7.5 gr, protein 9gr.

Makes six 1/2 cup servings

4 eggs

1 cup skim milk

1 can evaporated low-fat milk

1/2 cup Splenda Granular

2 teaspoons vanilla

Pinch of salt

Freshly grated nutmeg

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Place 6 custard cups or ramekins in a large roasting pan and set aside. Whisk together the eggs, milk, evaporated milk, Splenda, vanilla, and salt. Pour through a fine mesh sieve into a large measuring cup. Divide evenly among the custard cups and grate a generous amount of nutmeg over each one. Pour enough hot water in the roasting pan to come about halfway up the sides of the custard cups. Bake 25 to 35 minutes, until the custard are just set in the center. Carefully remove the custards from the water bath, and transfer to a wire rack to cool. Serve chilled.

Edited by MiladyB

Hi Beth, thank you for posting this recipe. I love custard! I made this yesterday and it is delicious and very easy to make. Plus it has good nutritional figures.

Jane

Hi Beth, thank you for posting this recipe. I love custard! I made this yesterday and it is delicious and very easy to make. Plus it has good nutritional figures.

Jane

You're welcome Jane. So glad you liked it! I've made it several times and it never lasts long. I have a daughter who absolutely loves custard and she keeps bugging me to make this one. Just bought the ingredients again and will be making it later today. I've been enjoying it for an evening snack or breakfast. :)

Just thought I would bring this recipe up for some of the newer postops. This custard is SO GOOD!! After my plastic surgery I didn't feel like eating at all and this recipe became one of my comfort foods and I'm still loving it. :D

I love these custards! They are GREATfor breakfast!!! Thanks for posting the recipe!:D

Just thought I would bump this recipe up for the newbies. This is a great early postop recipe that sits on your pouch really easy. I make this during those times that I don't feel like eating anything heavy. :)

I love egg custard so I must try this!

I agree, this is super good!

I made a ton of this after surgery and the whole fam loved it also. Reason why I had to make a ton! LOL

Good for you, goes down easy, and has qutie a bit of protein. Very good for post ops.

It was easy to make and very good. I drizzled a wee bit of Cinnamon Bliss syrup over the top. You could serve this as a dessert anytime and if you don't talk about it, no one would know that ti is a healthy dessert.

Where the recipe calls for vanilla -- do you mean vanilla extract?

That's what I used.