Siepie

Newbie in Ireland

32 posts in this topic

found it finally

rny is roux en y which is basically a type of gastric bypass-google it and you will see what it consists of.

Sorry you had trouble with the website and link but hope you found it a help?come back to me if you have any other questions as I have done a lot of research(and been for a consultation in manchester)about band.

Hi SiepieI had* lap band surgery in 2004 and started having complications the following year and had to have it removed october last year, i have now put most of my weight back on, so now i am going to brugge in may to have a gastric bypass by dr dillimen, i just wished i chose the bypass in the first place. A couple of months ago i read in the paper that people who have diabetes and have had a gastric bypass have been cured, just a little something for you to think about, good look in wot ever you deside***** stephanie.*

Hi SiepieI had* lap band surgery in 2004 and started having complications the following year and had to have it removed october last year, i have now put most of my weight back on, so now i am going to brugge in may to have a gastric bypass by dr dillimen, i just wished i chose the bypass in the first place. A couple of months ago i read in the paper that people who have diabetes and have had a gastric bypass have been cured, just a little something for you to think about, good look in wot ever you deside***** stephanie.*

...... and here you are :P

How are you doing? Getting excited?

XXX

Hi there-nice to find the Irish "thread" Hope you are doing well after your op.

I have been reading the lapbandtalk site for months but have(one the advice of 2 surgeons)decided to go for the bypass instead of band(eeek!I wake up with panic attacks)here in Cork.There is a new Obesity surgeon appointed to the Bons Secours Hospital.I am booked in to be done on 2nd July with a 2 week liquids only diet beforehand.I am excited but terrified at he same time.My bmi is 42 but I have no medical problems except arthritis so Dr thinks I am a good risk.

Just wondering Lindsey a few questions

1.He has told me that I will be weak from lack of food for 3 months which is the biggest shock time to the body.I'm finding it hard to decide how much time off work I should take.I only work 2/3 days per week but its standing and walking.

2.Also have a weeks holiday planned end sept with Mother(I will be the one hauling suitcases)should I cancel that?

3.Does the dumping thing happen EVERY time you eat ANYTHING sweet or can you eat,say, a square of chocolate?/boiled sweet?

4.How FATIGUED are you-he has warned me of HUGE fatigue that just washes over you and you have to rest far more?

5.Did you need a catheter?

6.Can you eat anything now or are you finding certain foods disagree?

I couldnt agree more about the GPs.Mine is awful she keeps repeating the mortality stats when I go in-I am seriously thinking of changing(after 25 years)as she is just not supporting me.

One last question-what did you tell your friends(I have told my 4 best friends and my sister who are all trustworthy)I dO NOT want to tell anyone else-just dont know what to tell boss etc(bad back?)

I would really appreciate your feedback, since you are so newly operated on-

Sue

Hi there

I read thru ur post, i am looking to get gastric bypass done n bons secuors in cork

is it covered by the VHI?

Any advice for me?

Email me if ya can [email protected], id like to know a bit more about the whole procedure.. if you can please that would be great

Hi Sheree,

Good to meet you! You have some fabulous results there in your pictures! It's proving to be a challenging decision to make, Ive lots of research here from Australia that says that banding would be the best option for me in relation to my diabetes - to be honest the idea of them cutting up my stomach frightens the life out me!

The hair thing is a real issue for me as well, I wasnt blessed with decent hair to begin with, its thin now, I dont think I could stand to lose any more!

Thanks so much for your advice, I know everyones experiences are different but they are all contributing to me making an informed decision!

Siepie

I was sick and losing mine ,it came back how? .Alot of vitamins ,c,e,b vitamins ,(multi-vitamin) green tea ( 2 quarts a day) use this religiously and 30-60 days you shoud see a difference,I 'll pray

for you and your surgery success:) Jerry fom Downey,L.A.:D

Hi ya,

Maybe this will help you, I went for surgery through Dr. Dillemans Irish website called www.Euro-Weight-Loss-Surgery.com they are way cheaper than obesitycare.co.uk in fact they charge pretty much the same as what Dr. Dillemans charges himself and they also have priority regarding surgery dates. As I say, I used them and found them excellent.

I hopes this helps

Mags:D