jerseygrl684

Wake uppppp

New Jersey too. :)

Stacy,

You look awesome!! Your detailed account really helped me. You had the GastroBypass right?

I guess my real concern is losing the weigh to quickly and not looking like myself, but someone sick.

I am excited though, like others, my Dr. did not inform me about going on liquids prior to my April 2nd surgery date, should I be concern?

Is there any other vitamins that you could suggest I get now to take. I am currently taking Calcuim 600 D, Flintstone, and Iron. Also, other food ideals would be great. Like post op and during puree stage, what did you eat?

Thanks,

I didn't go on a liquid diet unil after my surgery.

Yes, I had gastric bypass.

The first 4 weeks were the hardest.

I ate soup, mashed potatoes, jello, fruit pops in puree stage.

I couldn't tolerate the smell of ANY of the protein powders so I made shakes with liquid egg whites and frzen fruit. Worked great and tasted great. Had this for breakfast the whole first year.

You will look great - dont worry about not looking like your self!

All of your posts from New Jersey date back to 2008. Anyone from New Jersey here this year???

I am from Jersey! Born and raised here and love it! I am scheduled for Monday 11/8 and I am so nervous and excited at the same time. Dr. Abkin is my surgeon and I am having my surgery at St. Claires in Dover.

Congrats on Monday's surgery.

you will do great.

happy to answer any questions!

Thank you I am so nervous I think if I don't have a nervous breakdown by Sunday I should be fine! I know I am making the right choice it is just so emotional.

That's such a coincidence. I'm going to my first seminar on Tuesday, November 9 at Morristown Memorial Hospital and will be asking to see Dr. Abkin for my first appointment!! Are you having Lapband or GBS?

Ok I tried to post this 6x.. Let's see if it works now.... From monmouth, moms in middlesex, boyfriend/kitten in essex/morris county. My surgeon is also essex/morris border as well. I'm 3yrs out and maintaining at goal, give or take 5lbs +. Love seeing nj people on here....

Same person as the original poster, just new sn.

Looks like you started at the same or close to the same weight. I'm still going through the process, actually just started. My first seminar is in Morristown Memorial with Dr. Abkin's group on Nov. 9th. When I have time, I'm going to read all of your posts to see your progress. I really pretty scared right now.

Keep in touch.

Annette

Looks like you started at the same or close to the same weight. I'm still going through the process, actually just started. My first seminar is in Morristown Memorial with Dr. Abkin's group on Nov. 9th. When I have time, I'm going to read all of your posts to see your progress. I really pretty scared right now.

Keep in touch.

Annette

Look up jerseygrl684 too like I said. A lot of info on there.... Don't be afraid of my complications though.