• Announcements

• John

Community Guidelines   09/15/2015

A reminder that we have a general set of guidelines that are available at http://www.thinnertimesforum.com/guidelines/. If you have any questions or concerns, you may express them to me or a Community Leader directly. Thank you,
      John Callery
ninedash

Bleeding incision site

9 posts in this topic

I had Laproscopic RNY last Wednesday, and one of the incision sites on my side began bleeding yesterday. The steri-strip is covered with dried blood, but there is also new blood present. It's not gushing blood or anything, but there is some blood outside of the area covered by the steri-strip.

I am trying to keep the site clean, and I am waiting for a nurse to call me back. I feel a slight tingle at that site as well.

Did anyone else experience this? Should I be doing anything other than waiting for the nurse to call?

Just take things easy til she calls you! i.e. no mud wrestling!!!

Please let us know what happens... we do care!!!!

katie

I did have a little bleeding at the site of one of mine. The Dr. checked it out and said it was fine. Best to take it easy and wait for the nurse. Keep us posted :)

The nurse called, and said it's probably nothing to worry about. She told me to clean it and apply some gauze. She told me to check regularly for high temperature and redness, and she's calling tomorrow to follow up.

I had bleeding while still in the hospital. Got up and went to the bathroom for the first time after surgery and when I stood up from the commode, I was shocked to see bright red blood on the front of the hospital gown. The nurse told me bleeding was normal after surgery and put another band-aid over the staples.

Teri

I too had bleading in the hospital. my gown kept getting spots. After coming home it didn't blead much but at my followup I asked the doc to look at it because it still wasn't heald up like the other insitions. He said it looked fine and to just let it alone. It finally heald by week 3 and turned out fine. Sound like it's normal

Still, take it easy. I don't think you should be bleeding 8 days after surgery. If the nurse isn't worried, then I guess you shouldn't either... Easier said than done, huh? Thinking of you ... sending clotting vibes your way!

katie

Friday morning, I noticed the incision site would bleed any time I touched around it. I called the surgeon's office, and went in to see the nurse. I have a small opening, and they just applied new steri-strips and a new bandage. When I changed the bandage tonight, the steri-strips came right off!

I bought some steri-strips at the pharmacy, and they seem to be holding up so far. I'll call the office again on Monday.

take care buddy... thanks for updating us. how are you feeling otherwise?

funny how some steri-strips seem to stick forever... and others don't. make sure your skin is good and dry when you put them on.

and keep posting!