Duckie

Maybe I am just a curmudgeon but...

can people PLEASE USE THE SEARCH FEATURE? I am so sick and tired of seeing the same question asked TWO MILLION times in one week. I used it, others have used it.. USE IT! Have a question on plateaus or stalls... type those words into search. Have a question on when to start on cheese... type that in. Getting the picture? SOrry, I am just sick of reading the same post every week. SEARCH IS A GREAT FEATURE. USE IT!

okay.. I'm bitchy today but everyone knows... I tell it like it is.

Ducks can't be curmudgeons... that's Andy Rooney! You're more like Donald who's just spent a day with the three nephews... LOL!

bah Humbug Duckie... :) I hear ya girl...

BTW, do your scars itch? What does a catheter feel like? is it normal to be scared?

LOL!

katie

When did you first eat cheese, Duckie...it's killing me to find out!

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

-Mike

Call me stupid but I was on here quite some time when I found out you could search. Some of us are slower than others.... Please don't get mad at us. But I was wondering about protein.... Just kidding! That was the question I asked when I was new here and several people said DO A SEARCH!!!!

OH MY GOSH...WE THINK SOOOO MUCH ALIKE. I was just thinking this same thing. When I see someone make a comment about stalling at 3 weeks out (4 weeks 6 weeks) I cringe...I can't even respond anymore. I researched this site soooo much before surgery that I KNEW better then to ask that question.

OH MY GOSH...WE THINK SOOOO MUCH ALIKE. I was just thinking this same thing. When I see someone make a comment about stalling at 3 weeks out (4 weeks 6 weeks) I cringe...I can't even respond anymore. I researched this site soooo much before surgery that I KNEW better then to ask that question.

ah ha honey. I KNEW you'd understand. I can't believe the same questions asked OVER AND OVER again. RESEARCH PEOPLE!!!!

Ok well I don't know if I'm guilty of what y'all are saying but I'm not a good searcher but I do try. I search & get 10 million responses that have nothing to do with what I'm looking for. :o So sorry if I'm guilty.

All I can say is that sometimes people might not have the time to read through 200 - 500 posts to find the answer they're looking for, nor do they have the experience of somebody that's month's to years out.

I think this forum is very helpful and I will do my best to answer anybody's questions even if I've heard it before.

Hmmmm, let's see I did a search on "stall" and found 213 threads; "stricture" 392 posts; "soft foods" 500 posts....I think you get the idea.

Anyway, I think if people need help, then that is why we are here. Just my opinion.

Sometimes searching doesn't work. For example, just now I did a search for "curmudgeon", and only came up with two posts. And one of those was in this thread. And I consider myself quite adapt at using this electro-internetwork stuff.

:)

Yea I thought we were here to support eachother and help. I know i personally have looked and come up with 300 others that had NOTHING to do with what I searched for, so I have asked. If you don't want to hear it again, you do have the option of not answering it.

Ok well I want to go on record as saying that I wasn't trying to start a bash Duckie thread. :( My apology for being a bad searcher was sincere. I agree that seeing the same question posted over & over is annoying even to newer people like me.

The thing is, you can find a lot of the information by searching old threads. But part of the appeal of a forum like this is the fact that it is a community, where you come back regularly and join in fresh conversations, even if they are a little repetitive.

I am sure that I have posted questions that are repeated. Duckie I understand were you are coming from. It does get frustrating but on the other hand if I am vomiting I may not have time to search the site therefore I may ask what would be causing it. I now know what types of things cause that.

All I can say is that sometimes people might not have the time to read through 200 - 500 posts to find the answer they're looking for, nor do they have the experience of somebody that's month's to years out.

I think this forum is very helpful and I will do my best to answer anybody's questions even if I've heard it before.

Hmmmm, let's see I did a search on "stall" and found 213 threads; "stricture" 392 posts; "soft foods" 500 posts....I think you get the idea.

Anyway, I think if people need help, then that is why we are here. Just my opinion.

I used to think this way too... Trust me though... after you have been here for years...seeing the same questions gets annoying. That is why a TON of the older people out don't even come here anymore...they were getting irritated that their little forum family was turning into a circus. Not to say we don't all have the right to be here getting support, but come on...do some research and some of the easy questions can be answered...like yes...you will more then likely "stall" at 3, 4, 5 or 6 weeks out from surgery...you will most likely lose some hair, etc....it seems after all of the research I did this was just common sense.

I am sure that I have posted questions that are repeated. Duckie I understand were you are coming from. It does get frustrating but on the other hand if I am vomiting I may not have time to search the site therefore I may ask what would be causing it. I now know what types of things cause that.

If your vomiting, you should be heading to the doctor, NOT searching through the forum for any potential answers. This forum has the answers for all the basic questions. There is a ton of information here - but only if you take the time and LOOK.

Thanks for the support from the old timers. I know I searched this site up and down before and after surgery to learn what I could. Yes, I may have sorted through MANY posts but I did and I learned from them.

Well, I don't see it that way at all. I've been reading posts here since July and I know most of all the things you're talking about, but what about people that aren't internet whores like us? Or maybe they just want some first hand reassurance.

We all get to feel like it's "only me" this is happening to, but it's sometimes reassuring to have a friendly hand reach out and tell you it's going to be okay. I see over and over again how people ask for these reassurances and if I'm sick of it at the moment, I don't respond.

I just think a post like this makes it hard for newbies to feel at ease asking for assistance and I don't think that's what this forum is all about. I think it was put here to help people, not to #*%$# at them.

Well, I don't see it that way at all. I've been reading posts here since July and I know most of all the things you're talking about, but what about people that aren't internet whores like us? Or maybe they just want some first hand reassurance.

We all get to feel like it's "only me" this is happening to, but it's sometimes reassuring to have a friendly hand reach out and tell you it's going to be okay. I see over and over again how people ask for these reassurances and if I'm sick of it at the moment, I don't respond.

I just think a post like this makes it hard for newbies to feel at ease asking for assistance and I don't think that's what this forum is all about. I think it was put here to help people, not to #*%$# at them.

WHOA!!

FYI, any questions asked by people who think we are "Internet Whores" will most likely be given a low priority. :eek: Secondly, one of the best ways for newbies to get answers and not get "bitched at" is to take responsibility for your own knowledge and use the search feature. It's right next to "new posts" and you can look for both entire threads on a subject and individual posts. I bet you could even search "#*%$#" and find out how many of us enjoy being referred to as #*%$#..... :mad:

Maybe you have come to this site looking for instant friendship instead of GBS support? Either way, you're a little off the mark, and perhaps need an attitude adjustment so as to be a little more sociable. We love to include new people in the group, provided they have a little tact and respect.

If you are not getting what you want from this forum, may I suggest you google "gastric bypass surgery" and visit another, less family oriented site. We old timers think of each other as family, and don't like to be referred to with perjoratives. Some of the newbies get this, and are welcomed warmly. Some don't, and go elsewhere. Natural selection generally takes care of the issue. Give it a try and maybe you'll find what you are looking for. I'd help you, but I'm an Internet #!@$% and need to turn a few tricks right now. Good luck to you, I'm quite sure you'll need it!

Maybe we can ask to have an area added for long term post op so those people have a place to go but can still pop into this part of the forum when they want to or if they see something interesting. It sucks that they feel they can't come here without being irratated but the fact is that search isn't an exact science and that sometimes it's just nice to ask a question and get answers so that you know you're "normal".

Well, if all the old timers hang out together in an old-timer spot--- they never would have met me!

What a shame that would be... huh?

:)

WHOA!!

FYI, any questions asked by people who think we are "Internet Whores" will most likely be given a low priority. :eek: Secondly, one of the best ways for newbies to get answers and not get "bitched at" is to take responsibility for your own knowledge and use the search feature. It's right next to "new posts" and you can look for both entire threads on a subject and individual posts. I bet you could even search "#*%$#" and find out how many of us enjoy being referred to as #*%$#..... :mad:

Maybe you have come to this site looking for instant friendship instead of GBS support? Either way, you're a little off the mark, and perhaps need an attitude adjustment so as to be a little more sociable. We love to include new people in the group, provided they have a little tact and respect.

If you are not getting what you want from this forum, may I suggest you google "gastric bypass surgery" and visit another, less family oriented site. We old timers think of each other as family, and don't like to be referred to with perjoratives. Some of the newbies get this, and are welcomed warmly. Some don't, and go elsewhere. Natural selection generally takes care of the issue. Give it a try and maybe you'll find what you are looking for. I'd help you, but I'm an Internet #!@$% and need to turn a few tricks right now. Good luck to you, I'm quite sure you'll need it!

First off, I said Internet whores "like us" including myself. And I did not call anybody a "#*%$#", I simply said we were bitching at new people for posting a certain way. And how exactly is my post non-conforming to this whole forum? Did I misuderstand that fact that we should all feel welcome and try to assist other people? Geez, talk about tact and respect...

I thought that's what the Internet is for (among other things) - to get information. Granted, the search engines may not be the greatest, but they are not hard to use, or to master.

I've always looked at this forum as a way to learn how others did going through the process, their feelings, their attitudes, their fears and successes - learning from their experiences. If I want the answer to a specific question, I can search (again, take the time and sift through all the messages) to get the information I need. If it's critical, I will call my doctor or surgeon.

I don't mind people asking questions, hell no, that's how we learn. However, I have to agree, the same questions being asked all the time does get tedious after a while. Instead of pushing off us "oldtimers" to another area, why not have the owner of this forum create a section of "Frequently Asked Questions." That would be a natural first-stop. Then, if people have additional questions, they can search - and ask.

Us "oldies" are not only a resource, but as Donna said, we are a tight family. We welcome with open arms anyone who wants to join. All were asking is to take some responsibility upon yourself and READ, and RESEARCH. I know the easiest thing to do is ask, but there is simply far too much information to have to keep repeating it.

You don't need to be an "Internet #!@$%" to use the functions, it's common sense. If you can surf the net, I would think you can certainly learn to use the search tool.

hi im a newbie and id just like to say that i have had alot of help on this site and i have found it so useful and ducky u would be pleased to hear that i use the search most of the time.

the one thing i would like to bring up is that this site has been running for quite a while now and i generally feel that EVERY question must have been answered at some point. therefore it proves that there is in fact no need to have any new threads because what ever anyone asks will inevitably be a repeated question. (see what i mean :confused:) but without new threads there is no forum.

i have enjoyed using this forum and have felt very welcome. I like the idea that you are a family. its cool that you have found that here.

thank you for helping me in the past

xx

ps....i think the internet #!@$% thing that someone wrote was a joke...not meant to offend