sdgrrl

OT--can anyone help us with this one?

Hi Everyone,

Michelle and I have talked a lot about her 10 year old son, Josh, and the problems with his lieing nasty father and evil stepmother. Well, this weekend a line got crossed and we know we have to take him to court to enforce court guidelines. It's not a precedent setting case or one that will be big in the news, but we don't have a dime for an attorney. Does anyone practice family law or know of anyone who does who might be willing to take this on pro bono, or take low low payments......? Josh is miserable with his dad and step mom out in Tulsa, has been calling us in tears wanting "to come home now" and this weekend we caught his dad in a huge breach of court order, and then refused to let Josh see us. It was very traumatic--I don't know who is hurting more--Josh or Michelle.

If anyone has an idea or an offer, we'd love to hear it. Oh, and before anyone suggests Legal Aid, they only help CUSTODIAL parents. They do nothing to help non-custodial parents. And the reason Michelle is noncustodial is a family issue and has nothing to do with Michelle's fitness as a parent.

Any help you can give us will be rewarded with the grateful thanks of a sweet little boy and his two moms who adore him. Thanks!

I would think a violation of the court order should get some action done. Perhaps contacting the courts where the judgements were filed may at least point you in the right direction.

I think I know some one who got a free family law counselor to help with stuff like this, I'll see if I can get ahold of her to find out how she handled her stuff!!

I'm not sure how the system is set up there, but you should as suggested before 1). contact the court and inform them of the breach of the court order. 2). Ask if they can appoint a guardian ad litem, or some other sort of child advocate, to work on the boy's behalf. OK may not have the guardian ad litem that protects children's interests but I would be surprised if they did not. Almost every state has some provision for minors in court proceedings. Obviously they need someone to protect children's rights in custody arrangements and other legal proceedings. Keep calling around the courthouse and research the court websites there to see if you can find someone to help. If there is a guardian ad litem office, call there directly for direction. Everyone I ever met in OK was always very helpful so I hope that you can find what you need. Let me know if this helped at all. Best of luck.

Lisa

Donna & Michelle, I can't help with this situation because I'm not a lawyer and don't even personally know any. I just wanted to let you know how sorry I am that you gals have to go through this, especially around the holidays. Big HUGS to you both ((((Donna & Michelle)))). I've seen Josh's room and heard Michelle talk about him and know that he's a very loved little boy; just such a shame the ex is using him in this manner.

Call the Department of Human services in Oklahoma they handle everything from child protective services to child support...I'll get the # my brother lives in Tulsa hes going through the whole child support thing :)

Oh (((Michelle and Donna))) I am so sorry you guys are going through this roght now. I am also not a lawyer, and do not know one (except a tax lawyer guy), so I can't offer any advice. I will ask Mark if I see him tomorrow what can be done, and will PM you...

I can't offer advice but I can offer hugs! {{{{{Donna & Michelle}}}}}

HI...I AM TRING TO FIND SOMEONE TO GIVE THIS LIVE SAVING SURGERY TO MY DAD ,HE IS ONLY 46 AND IS AT HIS BIGGEST EVER AT 495..HE IS KILLING HIS SELF AND IF HE DOESNT GET THIS SURGERY WILL DIE ..HE RETAINES SO MUCH WATER HE LEGS LEAK FLUID AND ALWAYS GET INFECTED..HE HAS BOTH KNEES BLOWED OUT AND WAS TOLD IF HE EVER LOST ENOUGH WEIGHT HE WOULD THEN NEED A DOUBLE KNEE REPLACEMENT..HE ALWAYS GETS FLUID BUILD UP ON HIS HEART AND LUNGS...HE HAS ALWAYS BEEN BIG BUT NOT THIS BIG..HIS MOTHER DIED OF THE SAME THING-HEALTH PROBLEMS BECAUSE OF HER WEIGHT...HE HAS TALKED TO HIS DOCTOR HE SENT HIM TO SOMEONE BUT THEY WANT HIM TO LOSE 50LBS TO HAVE THE LAP BAND SURGERY..SOUNDS SO STUPID..MY QUESTION IS IF THEY COULD LOSE 50LBS IAM SURE HE COULD KEEP LOSING WEIGHT...ANYBODY KNOW ANYONE THAT CAN HELP BEFORE ITS TOO LATE..THANKS CRYSTAL

MY EMAIL ADRESS ID CRYSTALUSA@SBCGLOBAL.NET THANKS IN ADVANCE AND GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU I AS WELL AM TRING TO LOSE WEIGHT BUT MINE IS NOT AS IMPORTANT AS MY DADS LIFE..THANKS