Cynrey

On the bench

Hello, I had my surgery yesterday. Everything went good. Having some oxygen issues, minimal pain at incisions, some gas pain. Should be going home today ☺️

Welcome to the losers bench!

Sorry to hear about your oxygen issues Cynrey but glad to hear you'll be released today.

Wonderful, welcome to the losers bench! Being home is way easier to rest up and heal than being confined to IVs and a hospital bed! 

Congratulations @Cynrey! Hopefully you do get to go home today. It's so much better than being in the hospital.  Let us know how you're doing.

Congrats, welcome!

Congratulations and welcome!

Congrats and welcome to the losers bench !!

Welcome to the losers bench! You’ve got some very exciting times ahead :)

Did you make it home yesterday Cynrey?  

12 hours ago, cinwa said:

Did you make it home yesterday Cynrey?  

Yep, they sent me home yesterday. I had a rough nite last night, but I'm a bit better today. Those dry heaves suck with stitches, just had them last nite.

11 hours ago, Cynrey said:

Yep, they sent me home yesterday. I had a rough nite last night, but I'm a bit better today. Those dry heaves suck with stitches, just had them last nite.

My first night at home was not good - made all the worse because my surgery was late in the afternoon so that kind of messed my sleep pattern up.

Keep up with the fluids and walk as much as you can.  

17 minutes ago, cinwa said:

My first night at home was not good - made all the worse because my surgery was late in the afternoon so that kind of messed my sleep pattern up.

Keep up with the fluids and walk as much as you can.  

Mine was in the late afternoon too. It's a struggle with the fluids, but I am trying. 

1 minute ago, Cynrey said:

Mine was in the late afternoon too. It's a struggle with the fluids, but I am trying. 

Fluids, pain meds and walking are your top priority right now Cynrey - everything else will follow.

Congrats, Cynrey! Sorry your first night was rough, here's hoping it improves today!

Does anyone know if I can have Premier Protein shake and maybe some cream soup 4 days post op? My paperwork doesn't say. I'm confused. I've been doing pretty good with my fluids, got 41 oz in yesterday. Having a bit of buyers remorse today, but I'm trying to stay positive :)

40 minutes ago, Cynrey said:

Does anyone know if I can have Premier Protein shake and maybe some cream soup 4 days post op? My paperwork doesn't say. I'm confused. I've been doing pretty good with my fluids, got 41 oz in yesterday. Having a bit of buyers remorse today, but I'm trying to stay positive :)

Cynrey, you should have been given a copy of the Rose Medical Center's Bariatric Surgery Handbook.

Here's an online copy.  The Bariatric Food Journey starts on page 21:  http://www.coloradoweightlosssurgery.com/files/2014/10/Rose-Bariatric-Center-Surgery-Handbook.pdf

5 minutes ago, cinwa said:

Cynrey, you should have been given a copy of the Rose Medical Center's Bariatric Surgery Handbook.

Here's an online copy.  The Bariatric Food Journey starts on page 21:  http://www.coloradoweightlosssurgery.com/files/2014/10/Rose-Bariatric-Center-Surgery-Handbook.pdf

Oh thank you so much! 

17 hours ago, Cynrey said:

All normal. yes for Premier Protein if you are on full liquids, which you should be since you have escaped the hospital. The stuff you got from @cinwa should be helpful, as will the Tufts medical Center equivalent one. Keep up those fluids, musn't get behind on those. My regimen allowed things like cream soups IF there were no solids in them (but your definition of a cream soup might be a pureed soup, which I wasn't allowed until about day 10; a lot of this is surgical voodoo, reflecting surgeon preference not science, but the rule of the road is to do what your surgeon says). All that to say the Premier Proteins should be fine and help you get that protein in. 2 a day and you have hit the 60 mark. 

Fluids are key, key, key.. You also want to get your protein up not only for good healing, but also to prevent things like hair loss. Surgeons typically say at least 60 grams a day of protein but the data on hair loss is that more is better for prevention, so 90 is better than 80 is better than 70 is better than 60. But adequate fluids come first. 

3 hours ago, BurgundyBoy said:

All normal. yes for Premier Protein if you are on full liquids, which you should be since you have escaped the hospital. The stuff you got from @cinwa should be helpful, as will the Tufts medical Center equivalent one. Keep up those fluids, musn't get behind on those. My regimen allowed things like cream soups IF there were no solids in them (but your definition of a cream soup might be a pureed soup, which I wasn't allowed until about day 10; a lot of this is surgical voodoo, reflecting surgeon preference not science, but the rule of the road is to do what your surgeon says). All that to say the Premier Proteins should be fine and help you get that protein in. 2 a day and you have hit the 60 mark. 

Fluids are key, key, key.. You also want to get your protein up not only for good healing, but also to prevent things like hair loss. Surgeons typically say at least 60 grams a day of protein but the data on hair loss is that more is better for prevention, so 90 is better than 80 is better than 70 is better than 60. But adequate fluids come first. 

Thank you! I will try to have a shake in the morning and one at night, with fluids in between. The shakes make me feel like I'm going to pop so I've only managed one a day with my other fluids. I have my one week follow up on Wednesday so we shall see how I'm doing. The book cinwa sent was awesome too ! Thanks again 

17 minutes ago, Cynrey said:

Thank you! I will try to have a shake in the morning and one at night, with fluids in between. The shakes make me feel like I'm going to pop so I've only managed one a day with my other fluids. I have my one week follow up on Wednesday so we shall see how I'm doing. The book cinwa sent was awesome too ! Thanks again 

No reason you can't split the shakes up through the entire day mixed up with other fluids - all that matters is you get the fluids and protein in. 

Thanks!