Jen581791

Two pounds until goal

Your daughter is a cutie for sure NerdyLady.

6 hours ago, cinwa said:

Your daughter is a cutie for sure NerdyLady.

Aw! Thank you!

On 12/5/2017 at 11:43 PM, Jen581791 said:

Thanks, everybody! It's nice to be able to share my happy moments and know there's someone out there who cares! :) 

There are a whole bunch of someone's out here who care!!! Congrats, my friend!!! ❤️❤️❤️

On 12/6/2017 at 9:33 AM, NerdyLady said:

Thanks. She was in uh, rare form that day. 

Katya is adorable, @NerdyLady!!!

4 hours ago, Nana Trish said:

Katya is adorable, @NerdyLady!!!

Thank you! She is a mirror image of her daddy which does not please me one bit! :P

@Jen581791 Have you reached goal?????

7 hours ago, NerdyLady said:

@Jen581791 Have you reached goal?????

I am stuck at 1 pound up from goal :angry: 

It will happen soon.

I am trying to be zen about it.

I will wake up one day soon and be at 150. 

And then 149...

7 minutes ago, Jen581791 said:

It will happen soon.

And then 149...

Weight loss gremlins are causing mischief again! Nasty critters!

(No doubt the swelling around your bad knee has artificially raised your 'true' weight). 

11 minutes ago, BurgundyBoy said:

Weight loss gremlins are causing mischief again! Nasty critters!

(No doubt the swelling around your bad knee has artificially raised your 'true' weight). 

Absolutely!! There’s a pound and a half there, easy!

I do actually feel pretty ok about stalls at the moment, though. I mean, if it takes me two months to lose the next 10 pounds, that’ll still mean I got to goal in a year. I’ve lost enough now that I really feel fine :) It’s a good feeling.

6 minutes ago, Jen581791 said:

Absolutely!! There’s a pound and a half there, easy!

I do actually feel pretty ok about stalls at the moment, though. I mean, if it takes me two months to lose the next 10 pounds, that’ll still mean I got to goal in a year. I’ve lost enough now that I really feel fine :) It’s a good feeling.

B) You'll be there soon enough! 

Oh! Here's your solution! Wrap your knee really tightly and get the swelling down! Get to goal by... compression!! I mean, any way to get there, right?? -_-

17 minutes ago, BurgundyBoy said:

B) You'll be there soon enough! 

Oh! Here's your solution! Wrap your knee really tightly and get the swelling down! Get to goal by... compression!! I mean, any way to get there, right?? -_-

Why stop at the knee? I’ll wrap everything really tight and just see...:lol:

23 minutes ago, Jen581791 said:

Why stop at the knee? I’ll wrap everything really tight and just see...:lol:

Careful for your neck, now... mustn't be too eager to squeeze those weight loss gremlins out....

11 hours ago, NerdyLady said:

Thank you! She is a mirror image of her daddy which does not please me one bit! :P

I know what you mean...the daddy’s get all the luck! I think she looks like her beautiful momma though ❤️

14 hours ago, Jen581791 said:

It will happen soon.

And then 149...

You are one bathroom break away from goal. I can’t wait!! 

1 hour ago, Readytobeme said:

@NerdyLady Your daughter is a real cutie patootie ;)

@Readytobeme Thank you! She knows it! 

12 hours ago, NerdyLady said:

@Readytobeme Thank you! She knows it! 

Sounds like my kind of gal.  Obviously, she takes after her Mum!

12 hours ago, NerdyLady said:

You are one bathroom break away from goal. I can’t wait!! 

Whoa... maybe we can start a betting pool on Jen's date of getting to goal... so far we have suggestions that laxatives ("one bathroom break away..." from @NerdyLady) and head to toe compressive wrappings (me and Jen) will do the trick. I wonder if donating blood could count?? I'm sure hoping the Adults are not reading this thread and seeing about this new form of cheating to get to goal. 

Just want to say that I think shaving her head would be an inelegant way to get there. There are limits, you know.... have to have standards... 

From the years of having to weigh in at Weight Watchers I think I have tried every trick there is.  Unfortunately those tricks result in bounce back gain :(

I am confident that (legit) goal is in the near future for Jen, and we'll all celebrate!!

7 minutes ago, BurgundyBoy said:

Just want to say that I think shaving her head would be an inelegant way to get there. There are limits, you know.... have to have standards...

You should have been a comedian BB - that is hilarious!

51 minutes ago, cinwa said:

You should have been a comedian BB - that is hilarious!

(Uh oh... busted.:ph34r: )

Um, really that wasn't me, my account got hacked.... would never suggest that Jen sleep with the windows open so the infamous Gulf vampire bats could help gently usher her through the portals to Goal...was only considering it myself as an aid to busting out of this stall...

You forgot the other way to lose weight quickly - donating blood. :D

But more seriously, I find that when I want to lose a couple of pounds in a couple of days I dramatically increase my consumption of liquids and drop my consumption of both carbs and calories.  This seems to work every time for me.

18 minutes ago, Res Ipsa said:

You forgot the other way to lose weight quickly - donating blood. :D

But more seriously, I find that when I want to lose a couple of pounds in a couple of days I dramatically increase my consumption of liquids and drop my consumption of both carbs and calories.  This seems to work every time for me.

Hmm. We might have to experiment with bats, stretchy dressings, laxatives, and a lot of water. (This doesn't sound so good). I'm sure Jen is up for it, she's such a cheerful soul.... um, not me, I'm not yet close to goal, but otherwise would be the first to volunteer... really...

1 hour ago, BurgundyBoy said:

Hmm. We might have to experiment with bats, stretchy dressings, laxatives, and a lot of water. (This doesn't sound so good). I'm sure Jen is up for it, she's such a cheerful soul.... um, not me, I'm not yet close to goal, but otherwise would be the first to volunteer... really...

Well guys, tomorrow is going to be a big day, because I'm going to go around wrapped head to toe in an Ace bandage, donate blood, shave my head, take laxatives (tonight of course), and lick every doorknob I see in expectation of catching a truly dreadful stomach bug. This will be a day that lives in infamy. 

8 minutes ago, Jen581791 said:

Well guys, tomorrow is going to be a big day, because I'm going to go around wrapped head to toe in an Ace bandage, donate blood, shave my head, take laxatives (tonight of course), and lick every doorknob I see in expectation of catching a truly dreadful stomach bug. This will be a day that lives in infamy. 

Boy Jen if this works you will revolutionize our thinking on the Forum. Here's hoping you make it over that line to Goal!!!!

{Plus it will get us arrested by someone}.  :wub: