Jen581791

Two pounds until goal

Recommended Posts

I was cruising along, losing a bit more slowly the last few weeks, but this milestone just has sort of popped up quickly. I've lost a few pounds this week, and this morning found myself staring at 152, which is just 2 pounds over my original GW. It was a bit of a shock. It's been hurry, hurry, hurry for 10 months now, and finally arriving is a bit unnerving! The whole process of figuring out maintenance sounds complicated and like new territory for me. I mean, I've never tried maintaining my weight before - only losing. It's the one constant goal I've had since I was about 10 years old! 

I think I'll hold out for another 10 to see what happens. At the moment, I look and feel like that might be a good stopping point. A little less junk in my trunk would make exercise that much easier, I guess. I think I might *feel* a bit better. I guess I'll see where my body wants to stop... it seems strange to me that I might not be the one steering this ship. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Go Jen! So happy for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great news!  Congratulations! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's awesome, Jen - congrats!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Readytobeme said:

That is awesome, Jen!!! Always love reading your posts.

Thanks, @Readytobeme

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is outstanding Jen.  Congratulations!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great Jen! Scale surprises are nice. I can only imagine what it must feel like to be that close. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's amazing! I've so enjoyed getting to follow along with you for the past several months. It's been amazing to see! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chefman77 said:

Great Jen! Scale surprises are nice. I can only imagine what it must feel like to be that close. 

It feels pretty crazy. Like, I keep thinking I'm going to wake up and it's all a dream...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, delilas said:

That's amazing! I've so enjoyed getting to follow along with you for the past several months. It's been amazing to see! :D

Thanks, @delilas! You can return the favor now - I'm following along with you :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So amazing!!! Great work! So happy for you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Jen581791 Congratulations! What an impressive trajectory you have had! So happy for you!

It'll be interesting to hear how you have to adapt to get to maintenance. One is tempted to calculate out your weight loss per month (about 10 pounds) and guess-timate your caloric needs to be an extra 1200 calories per day (!!). That must sound like a pretty significant change (it does to me) given your recent intake (as I recall something like 900 a day?)... and maybe a little scary. Good luck with all of this. I'm sure some of the Adults who have navigated this successfully in the past may have a few words of wisdom. I'm reminded that @athenarose posted recently that she got to her goal through caloric restriction and not much exercise, and then after she got there she upped her exercise (and intake). And was recently posting after eating ICE CREAM like @Res Ipsa!!  I guess this provides assurance this can be done. And if anyone can do it... it's you. 

Jen, as always my expectation is that in the next phase you will approach this with your usual level-headedness and common sense, to say nothing of aplomb and savoir-faire. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Jen581791 said:

The whole process of figuring out maintenance sounds complicated and like new territory for me. I mean, I've never tried maintaining my weight before - only losing. It's the one constant goal I've had since I was about 10 years old! 

What an interesting comment...I feel the same way....never got to maintenance (never really got to goal, just once and it didn't last very long).  I am sure you will figure it out as you have done so well figuring this whole process out.  

And may I say you are doing fabulous!!!  Good for you!  Can't wait to happy dance with you in 2# from now!!

Edited by CheeringCJ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats Jen !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is incredible, @Jen581791!! I am super excited for you - it will be here before you know it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Jen581791 said:

The whole process of figuring out maintenance sounds complicated and like new territory for me.

Let me know when you figure it out hehe!  I just blogged today on the same topic.  So happy for you Jen!  I love reading your blogs, and hope you keep them coming! :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

YAY!  Great work, Jen!  You are absolutely killing this.  I know the idea of maintenance has to be weird for you - I would be super weirded out to be that close.  Even now I can barely think about it sideways... I feel like I might jinx myself!  But I know you're going to be great at it - you have your head in the right place, you know what to watch out for, and you have practice practice practiced.  Can't wait to watch your success at this phase, too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, BurgundyBoy said:

@Jen581791 Congratulations! What an impressive trajectory you have had! So happy for you!

It'll be interesting to hear how you have to adapt to get to maintenance. One is tempted to calculate out your weight loss per month (about 10 pounds) and guess-timate your caloric needs to be an extra 1200 calories per day (!!). That must sound like a pretty significant change (it does to me) given your recent intake (as I recall something like 900 a day?)... and maybe a little scary. Good luck with all of this. I'm sure some of the Adults who have navigated this successfully in the past may have a few words of wisdom. I'm reminded that @athenarose posted recently that she got to her goal through caloric restriction and not much exercise, and then after she got there she upped her exercise (and intake). And was recently posting after eating ICE CREAM like @Res Ipsa!!  I guess this provides assurance this can be done. And if anyone can do it... it's you. 

Jen, as always my expectation is that in the next phase you will approach this with your usual level-headedness and common sense, to say nothing of aplomb and savoir-faire. 

 

Thanks, @BurgundyBoy. An extra 1200 calories per day would be... very difficult at this point!! Right now, I'm guessing the losing may keep up until I'm under where I want to be and then have to bounce back up, which is probably OK. Never expected that to happen! :wacko:

Whatever happens, I'm going to track it like crazy and try to be as logical about the numbers as I can - no plans to change how I'm approaching things anytime soon (hypervigilant eating and tracking, plenty of exercise). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks, everybody! It's nice to be able to share my happy moments and know there's someone out there who cares! :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Jen581791 said:

I was cruising along, losing a bit more slowly the last few weeks, but this milestone just has sort of popped up quickly. I've lost a few pounds this week, and this morning found myself staring at 152, which is just 2 pounds over my original GW. It was a bit of a shock. It's been hurry, hurry, hurry for 10 months now, and finally arriving is a bit unnerving! The whole process of figuring out maintenance sounds complicated and like new territory for me. I mean, I've never tried maintaining my weight before - only losing. It's the one constant goal I've had since I was about 10 years old! 

I think I'll hold out for another 10 to see what happens. At the moment, I look and feel like that might be a good stopping point. A little less junk in my trunk would make exercise that much easier, I guess. I think I might *feel* a bit better. I guess I'll see where my body wants to stop... it seems strange to me that I might not be the one steering this ship. 

Jen, I am thrilled for you. I understand the surprise of arriving at goal. I’ve spent my adult life trying to shed weight so operating in maintenance mode is.. weird?

Like you, I’m new to this goal thing. I haven’t lost any weight in a couple of weeks and I think my body has nicely settled on my current weight. I’m still trying to find figure out how to “do” maintenance. I’m hoping to get into a groove where I’m eating healthily and not losing weight. 

Congrats!!

51A96E09-D26E-4608-B6DB-EEC83FB27465.jpeg

66424CE4-09E2-4411-998D-E072BA97843C.gif

490CDB80-93FE-4245-B4AD-DB93DF951771.gif

875AE11F-01F1-459E-AB28-BCAF4D5E3102.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, NerdyLady said:

Jen, I am thrilled for you. I understand the surprise of arriving at goal. I’ve spent my adult life trying to shed weight so operating in maintenance mode is.. weird?

Like you, I’m new to this goal thing. I haven’t lost any weight in a couple of weeks and I think my body has nicely settled on my current weight. I’m still trying to find figure out how to “do” maintenance. I’m hoping to get into a groove where I’m eating healthily and not losing weight. 

Congrats!!

51A96E09-D26E-4608-B6DB-EEC83FB27465.jpeg

66424CE4-09E2-4411-998D-E072BA97843C.gif

490CDB80-93FE-4245-B4AD-DB93DF951771.gif

875AE11F-01F1-459E-AB28-BCAF4D5E3102.gif

Katya is very cute, but that raccoon looks like it's getting ready to eat my cat... :unsure:

Thanks, @NerdyLady. Exciting times, but scary. I'm glad to hear that your weight is settling down a bit! :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Jen581791 said:

Katya is very cute, but that raccoon looks like it's getting ready to eat my cat... :unsure:

Thanks, @NerdyLady. Exciting times, but scary. I'm glad to hear that your weight is settling down a bit! :D 

Trash pandas are adorable and I won’t entertain any other opinions. :D

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Michael_A said:

@NerdyLady your kid is so cute!!!

Thanks. She was in uh, rare form that day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now