CheeringCJ

I am sitting by the fire with the tree on eating ICE CREAM!!! Yuuuummmmmm!

remember the conversation about protein ice cream??? I made chocolate protein shake (elevation from Aldi 30 gm protein) and added PB2 which added another 5 gm protein (and a delicious peanut butter flavor) and organic soy milk which adds 7 gm protein!  1 cup has 42 GRAMS OF PROTEIN in it!!!!!  Granted it also has 315 calories w/ all of that protein, so I had a 1/2 cup (which is what meals are anyway....I was going to have the full cup since that is what I drink when I drink a shake but I don't really need that many calories/proteins at this point of my day anyway)

Anyway, i got the kitchenaid ice cream maker that attaches to my stand mixer and mixed it up....it was so easy (you freeze it for 15 hrs then hook it onto mixer, turn it on, add protein shake and leave it for 20-30 mins.  It tastes like soft serve....or a little longer and it is harder like ice cream!  SO delicious!  (I haven't had ice cream in ages).  I'll take a pic of it next time I make it, but it is surely my new protein treat!!!

HERE'S TO ENJOYING ICE CREAM AGAIN!!!!

Edited by CJireh

That sounds amazing! I’m not much of an ice cream eater but it sounds delicious. Enjoy your treat. 

Did you like the ALDI protein powder? Is it reasonably priced? I remember you asked about the powder a few months ago but I don’t remember reading a “review”. 

Actually @NerdyLady it is pretty good! It is $13.99 for a big container of it and it is pretty tasty and has a whopping 30 gm protein per serving!  I usually mix it with water but for the ice cream I added soy milk which had 3.5 gm of fat so that it would be smoother but then the calories were a little higher but really that is ok, 1/2 c of ice cream should be plenty for me!  

My tastes didn't change after my surgery (I was afraid it might so I didn't stock up on them) but since it hasn't, I've probably already (in the past 5 wks) consumed 5 or 6  big containers of the Elevate protein powder (choc and vanilla).  I like it pretty good and sometimes I add the PB2 to it and make it choc peanut butter (which was what the ice cream was)....now to figure out how to make chocolate syrup!!! LOL!

I looked it up and it is 18 servings not 15.  When I mix it for a shake,  I only add water so it is only 180 calories for the shake

20170803_1206221090532418.jpg?zoom=1.5&fit=576%2C1024&ssl=1

Edited by CJireh

Thanks, girlfriend! We have an ALDI nearby and I just might pop by to pick up a container. My collection of powders could use another member. :)

CJ, I shop at Aldi quite often. Have been buying some of their brand protein bars and healthy foods for awhile now. I have never noticed any type of protein powders there. Could you tell me where you found yours? Which aisle? Maybe baking aisle?I have been through that place with a fine tooth comb or so I thought.

@Readytobeme, I think it is with the "healthy" foods....like their protein bars, fiber bars etc. they are pretty big and hard to miss, so they may not carry them but ours has had them a while. You can ask the cashier if you can't find them. 

Impressive protein deal at @aldiusa. 2lbs for $15.99. Also 30 grams protein per scoop. Pretty good ingredient list. I have some on handy with their unsweetened almond milk. #aldi #protein #proteinshake #wheyprotein #fitness #fitfam #healthy #supplements #workout #elevationproteinpowder

this isn't my store, i found this on line but you can see how they are stacked up

Edited by CheeringCJ

Thanks, CJ. It is very possible that I just overlooked them while I was there. I will specifically look and ask for it my next trip though. Will let you know what I find out.

That's too funny, as I kind of did the same yesterday. I mixed up a protein shake but couldnt face downing it. My SO suggested dumping it into the ice cream maker, so I did. I don't know why it feels much easier to manage this way, but it meant that yesterday was the first day I've actually met my protein goal. 

33 minutes ago, delilas said:

That's too funny, as I kind of did the same yesterday. I mixed up a protein shake but couldnt face downing it. My SO suggested dumping it into the ice cream maker, so I did. I don't know why it feels much easier to manage this way, but it meant that yesterday was the first day I've actually met my protein goal. 

see,  how cool is that (literally) and it was a delicious way to do it! I actually had it again last night...I was looking forward to it all day!  

I gave it to my 14 yr old son who is autistic  and really limited in his food choices, but he has liked ice cream since he turned about 9 so i thought I'd try it....and he ate it.  (didn't ask for more but ate it!)  I am going to try to get more into him as he doesn't eat meat so peanut butter and cheese sticks are his only source of protein....but this ice cream was 42 gms/cup and he is in a growth spurt (about to pass his momma in height!) so this would be great for him!

Ok, I'm convinced. Buying an ice cream maker, stat! @CheeringCJ you should be in sales!

39 minutes ago, Boho Rosy said:

Ok, I'm convinced. Buying an ice cream maker, stat! @CheeringCJ you should be in sales!

Don't get one that you have to put rock salt in, I have one and rarely use it bc it's a pain in the neck. I got one that you hook to your KitchenAid mixer (fortunately there was a sale and I had gift cards, but it's usually cheaper at Target than Amazon). There is a hand crank one that i read about online, which would give your arm exercise, but I like the set it and forget it routine myself!

When you first make it, it's like soft serve, so I like it fresh. If you freeze it, it gets pretty hard, so I let it sit out about fifteen mins or so before I scoop it

Just now, CheeringCJ said:

There is a hand crank one that i read about online, which would give your arm exercise, but I like the set it and forget it routine myself!

When you first make it, it's like soft serve, so I like it fresh. If you freeze it, it gets pretty hard, so I let it sit out about fifteen mins or so before I scoop it

I'm a fan of set it and forget it as well. And the soft serve-esque version sounds awesome. I'm also a chocolate PB fan. I wish I had discovered PB2 15 years ago!