Welcome to Thinner Times Mike and congratulations on your WLS a couple of weeks ago.

How are you feeling?

Thank you! I’ve been feeling better and better as the days go on. Some weakness and dizziness on occasion but I’ll be talking to my surgeon about that on Tuesday. 

Welcome. The first few weeks can be rough, but hang in there. We are here to support and inform you. :)

Welcome, @Mike2step! Congrats on being 2 weeks out. You should start feeling more and more "normal" gradually now - and start seeing the scale numbers go down. Be on the lookout for a stall if you haven't had one yet - it's pretty normal in week three, but it soon passes.

Best of luck and keep us posted in how you're doing.

Welcome to TT Mike

Hey there, Mike and welcome. Congratulations on your new sleeve. I look forward to following your progress.

Hi, Mike!  Welcome and it looks like you fall into our November Newbies group!  There were a ton of us (ok, probably you can take that literally but we won't be "tons" by this time next year!) who all had surgery in November!  (I think @Cardamom77 had it the same day as you did!).  We are all basically on the same journey together and it is kind of fun having our own little support group of November members!  In fact i just put an entry in yesterday for all the Nov people to update how they are doing, so feel free to add yourself there.  

The best thing to do is to post here often....you will get the support you need to be successful! :)  See you around!

Welcome!

Hi Mike! @CheeringCJ is right - we had our surgeries the same day! I had a gastric bypass, which from what I can tell is a little easier recovery than a sleeve. How are you feeling? 

Welcome, Mike! I had my sleeve the day before you did. I also get lightheaded when I stand up too fast, but we're eating so little that is not surprising. Probably good to check that your blood pressure isn't low, though. 

Nice to have you in our November group! I think you make number 11 here on the forum. 

30 minutes ago, kristinwitha_k said:

I also get lightheaded when I stand up too fast, but we're eating so little that is not surprising.

This can be a sign that you aren't getting enough water.

1 hour ago, Stephtay said:

This can be a sign that you aren't getting enough water.

I'm hitting about 85 ounces a day of fluids right now. I'm working my way up, but it's not easy! :) I'll keep an eye on it. Thanks!

4 hours ago, kristinwitha_k said:

I'm hitting about 85 ounces a day of fluids right now. I'm working my way up, but it's not easy! :) I'll keep an eye on it. Thanks!

In that case you might need more salt. 85 ounces is a lot of water and can lower your sodium levels.

welome, mike! you're in the right place! here's to a smooth recovery!

On 12/3/2017 at 6:46 PM, Mike2step said:

Hello everyone! My name’s Mike and I just joined this great site. I was sleeved as of November 21st 2017. Hitting my two week mark this Tuesday (December 4). Looking to make new friends on here and connect with others who have had surgery. 

Congrats @Mike2step! You’ve stumbled upon a good group of people who are kind and supportive. I’m looking forward to getting to know you better. :)

On 12/3/2017 at 11:35 PM, CheeringCJ said:

Hi, Mike!  Welcome and it looks like you fall into our November Newbies group!  There were a ton of us (ok, probably you can take that literally but we won't be "tons" by this time next year!) who all had surgery in November!  (I think @Cardamom77 had it the same day as you did!).  We are all basically on the same journey together and it is kind of fun having our own little support group of November members!  In fact i just put an entry in yesterday for all the Nov people to update how they are doing, so feel free to add yourself there.  

The best thing to do is to post here often....you will get the support you need to be successful! :)  See you around!

@Mike2step You should know that @CheeringCJ is the Official Cheerleader for November 2017 Newbies™️ :D She’s a lovely and supportive person. The rest of us are OK. ;) 

Love the Trademark. @NerdyLady!!!  That makes it totally official :)

Where is a cheerleader emoji when I need one??

920166E1-35EF-49B5-8DD8-1C21A1B65225.gif

Edited by NerdyLady
Fixed it!

39 minutes ago, NerdyLady said:

Where is a cheerleader emoji when I need one??

920166E1-35EF-49B5-8DD8-1C21A1B65225.gif

LOL, @NerdyLady, I haven't seen this routine in years, made me actually laugh out loud!  Go, Spartans!!!  I mean "Go November Newbies!!!!"

@Mike2step, head over to this post and you can see all the others from this month and add your own update :)

16 minutes ago, Mike2step said:

So I have a question. I’m hitting my three week mark and I’m noticing that I’m not loosing any weight? Is this normal?

Yes.  This is the most common question on this board.  For example, 

On 12/6/2017 at 5:22 PM, NerdyLady said:

She’s a lovely and supportive person. The rest of us are OK.

Lol so on point....