ktallon

Life updates

My world is still crazy and turned upside down. my surgery has been cancelled yet again due to my albumin not being high enough. Since i can't get the fluids and nutrition i need orally. I will be having a procedure tomorrow (Monday) to have a feeding tube placed. I am so frustrated because I was told i am looking at next year late January to Mid February before they can get me on schedule for surgery again. This is definitely not how i imagined living life after wls. The constant pain nausea and vomiting have really done me in. I am in a constant state of exhaustion and my 5 year old thinks i am the worlds worst mother. On top of all this i am stressing about not being able to give my son a Christmas this year. I've been bottling up all these emotions i lost my job we lost our apartment my health is failing. I am really on the verge of a mental breakdown it's to much. Hopefully the new year will bring something better because i am not sure how much more i can handle. 

Hi @ktallon - I was just thinking about you and wondering how things are going. Thank you for popping in to update us, even though your update doesn't have a lot of positive news (I'm sorry for that). Between the health issues and the life issues, complicated or brought about by the health issues, you're having a really hard time right now. I sincerely hope things turn around for you soon. Have you found somewhere to stay while you wait for surgery? I hope having a feeding tube will mean that you can get the nutrition you desperately need right now. 

If it makes you feel any better about Christmas, I don't remember my 5-year-old Christmas at all, so if things aren't all you hope for this holiday, it probably won't be the end of the world. Love, support, and caring are what kids really need, and having those in his life will be what your son remembers, not any decorations or toys on a particular day (or lack thereof). Please do your best to take care of yourself. My thoughts are with you.

@Jen581791 we are currently staying in a shelter not my idea situation but better than being on the streets. Unfortunately the wait list for housing where i live is quite ridiculous but we will get through this. 

@ktallon, I think about you often and wonder how your doing. Glad to see an update but sorry it isn't more positive. If you weren't on the other side of the world I would have gladly come and picked you and your son up, bought you to my place and set you up with my surgeon. If only life were so simple. You are such a strong woman to go through everything you have endured and still be hanging in there. I sincerely hope everything turns around for you soon.

1 hour ago, ktallon said:

@Jen581791 we are currently staying in a shelter not my idea situation but better than being on the streets. Unfortunately the wait list for housing where i live is quite ridiculous but we will get through this. 

I'm glad to hear you've got a place to stay. It sounds like you're trying to stay positive and determined throughout this, which I really admire. Big e-hug across the miles from me :wub:

@ktallon I’m glad you stopped by to let us know how you are doing. I hope your feeding tube provides you some relief from your health troubles. 

Big hugs. You are a strong woman. 

On 12/3/2017 at 11:39 AM, ktallon said:

My world is still crazy and turned upside down. my surgery has been cancelled yet again due to my albumin not being high enough. Since i can't get the fluids and nutrition i need orally. I will be having a procedure tomorrow (Monday) to have a feeding tube placed. I am so frustrated because I was told i am looking at next year late January to Mid February before they can get me on schedule for surgery again. This is definitely not how i imagined living life after wls. The constant pain nausea and vomiting have really done me in. I am in a constant state of exhaustion and my 5 year old thinks i am the worlds worst mother. On top of all this i am stressing about not being able to give my son a Christmas this year. I've been bottling up all these emotions i lost my job we lost our apartment my health is failing. I am really on the verge of a mental breakdown it's to much. Hopefully the new year will bring something better because i am not sure how much more i can handle. 

Thank you for updating us. I had been wondering what became of you and your son. I am so very sorry that you are going through all of this.

I really don't have any words of wisdom for you. I wish that I did. I really just wanted to post my support for you. I still feel like things will work out for you both. Hoping that it is sooner than later.

On 12/3/2017 at 8:52 PM, ktallon said:

Yes, you will. When you are feeling down, post here, we are here for you. 

Well they got the feeding tube in. Had to stay in the hospital overnight. Home nurse will be out later on to hook me up to the lovely nutrition. I personally hope i don't have to keep this in long because it really is annoying and has my throat irritated. Oh well guess that is life sometimes. Hopefully soon i can say some good news rather than complain about everything going wrong. But outside of this group i have no support. 

I’m glad you got the tube in ok. I hope it gets you to where you need to be as far as your albumin levels. 

Don’t be afraid to come here and vent. That’s what we’re here for. I’m rooting for you!! :) 

@ktallon I hope you know how much we all love you. I hope this treatment does the trick and helps your health. Give your son hugs from me. 

@ktallon...I have been thinking about you so much lately. I am glad that you have gotten the tube in and hopefully this nutrition will enable to you to get where you need to be for revision surgery.  I have been praying for you and your son and I have my ladies group at church praying for you as well. Know you are thought of, cared for, and loved by this group. We are truly rooting for you!! Big squishy hugs!