CheeringCJ

Calling all November Newbies.....

9 hours ago, kristinwitha_k said:

I could have written this part of your post - I'm having the exact same experience with fluids and with food tolerance. I suppose we should consider ourselves lucky that things are going down well! I'm able to eat 3 ounces, though... which sort of worries me? But my program says 2-3 ounces and I'm only eating 550-600 calories, so I'm trying not to stress. I also haven't tried any meat that wasn't canned (tuna, chicken) or ground yet, so that could be part of it. 

I'm able to handle more than I'm "supposed to," too. Like if I'm eating yogurt, I can easily eat 4 oz. I mean, it takes me 20-30 minutes, but it can happen. I know it's a lot more liquid, so it goes through everything faster, but it still kind of freaks me out. Outside of the 1 oz, 2 oz, 3 oz time estimates, my paperwork just says that I *can't* eat more than 1/2 cup of anything at this stage, though, so I'm trying not to worry too much. I have had a couple of instances where I took one too many bites and went "Oh. No. Nope." (luckily not accompanied by barfing), so I know that my pouch is working and is small and all that. 

I am starting to worry about the cravings I'm having, though. I've had a lot of emotional upheaval lately and food was my go-to. I'm going to have to figure that out. I mean, I worked on it a lot beforehand, but it's definitely going to be a constant struggle. I think if I caved to any of my crappy cravings, my body would make it VERY clear that that's a no-go, but I'm really trying to avoid that. 

Edited by Cardamom77

14 hours ago, Aussie H said:

Lucky people. They're around $40 here and very few places sell them. That's why I buy them for people I know as a post surgery present. Guess I'll do some googling for online purchasing without a huge postage cost.

really????  Wow!!!  I probably wouldn't have bought them for that much but i am glad I have them since they do work well! :)