Sign in to follow this  
tjs1987

PROTEIN

I'm about 6.5 weeks out and having a hard time getting in enough protein! I'm finally off any food restrictions and was so excited for some chicken, but I can only really eat it if it's very soft or shredded. I have some protein shakes and whey shots but my surgeon is wanting me to try and stay away from "liquid" calories. I've been mixing protein water with regular water for fluids, but I'm still guessing I'm maybe only getting in 40-50 grams a day with how small my portions still are!

Does anyone have any suggestions? I wish protein just came in pill form! lol!

1 minute ago, tjs1987 said:

........ I wish protein just came in pill form! lol!

Actually, you can get protein pills but with just 1g protein per pill, they're hardly worth the effort and you'd probably go bankrupt in the process:  http://www.bariatricchoice.com/bariatric-proteinex-chewable-protein-tablet.html

I'm over 10 years post-RNY, I still use a protein shake (or at least half of one) a day.  And that's partly due to the fact that I haven't been able to tolerate meat (or eggs) regardless of what or how it's prepared.  Fish and shellfish is OK but I don't always want that for every meal.

Right now, you need protein and until such times as you can get your requirements from food alone, my advice would be to continue with protein supplements.