Boho Rosy

It’s really working!!

you're just getting warmed up. you won't believe how fast you'll lose and how much.  some of us lose slower, but in comparison to how things went when we were pre-op, it can feel lightening fast.  I'm happy for you and your amazing progress so far. Keep it up!!! 

Yasssss girl !!!! Me too!!!! I am now in the 2 as well as of today :) feels great 

6 hours ago, Lauraw96 said:

Yasssss girl !!!! Me too!!!! I am now in the 2 as well as of today :) feels great 

Congrats to you! That is awesome!

14 hours ago, bellamoma said:

I'm happy for you and your amazing progress so far. Keep it up!!! 

Thank you so much!

8 hours ago, Lauraw96 said:

1 hour ago, Boho Rosy said:

Thank you so much!

L and BR, have you seen the NSV thread? Where you can post your "non-scale victories" like fitting into something you couldn't, or being able to toss your blood pressure or diabetes meds, or the look on the face of a person who USED to make fun of you because of your size...

On 11/27/2017 at 7:46 AM, BurgundyBoy said:

L and BR, have you seen the NSV thread? Where you can post your "non-scale victories" like fitting into something you couldn't, or being able to toss your blood pressure or diabetes meds, or the look on the face of a person who USED to make fun of you because of your size...

I have not but I will check it out. Thanks!

24 minutes ago, Boho Rosy said:

I have not but I will check it out. Thanks!

Oh, I think you will enjoy it!!

SAME! I love this place. You guys get me on so many levels! @Res Ipsa @Chefman77 If I am not weighing it's because I am avoiding it. Before, when my weight was trending upwards I knew. If I didn't get on the scale I didn't have to actually face it. I could keep eating like garbage and try to live in ignorant bliss. My daily weigh-ins keep me in check. I know there will be fluctuation and now I seem to have hit a point where I only lose 1 week a month and that's a minimal amount. Once I learned that my body had it's own way of doing things I adapted to that.

Measurements are also great. Every time I would get in a stall I would imagine my body magically moving around fat and changing the shape of my body. I have lost 41 inches and 81lbs and I feel better than I ever have!

On 11/25/2017 at 4:34 AM, Boho Rosy said:

My surgery was 10 days ago. Every morning I get on the scale, half expecting that the number will go up, because in my life, it pretty much always has. Today I saw a 2 at the beginning instead of a 3 and I am just beside myself. It’s really working.

I know that the weight loss will slow down and that it’s probably not a good idea to weight myself every single day long term, but in this moment I feel hope. Happy Thanksgiving, indeed.

This is so exciting! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your weight loss won't slow for a while (other than the dreaded 3 week stall) so I vote you keep weighing every day! 

On 11/25/2017 at 6:45 AM, Boho Rosy said:

Now with the surgery I feel confident that I’ll make it there and maybe even back to the 1’s. 

You will make it to the 1's. I know it!

On 11/25/2017 at 8:29 AM, kayak19 said:

100% the same - I told myself I wasn't going to weigh each day, but I totally do it.  The fluctuations up don't really bother me.  I was mentally trying to get to a certain point by Thanksgiving and missed it by 6 oz so I couldn't even round up!  No big deal though, I made the goal with an extra pound the next day.  You can't do anything about it except work the program you've been given and let you body keep adjusting as you go along, but I still find the daily weigh-ins motivating.

That first month was pretty exciting for me too @Boho Rosy, weight was just flying off, slowed down the next month and it seems to be in the teens so far each month since then.  I've also found that when I am in a bit of a stall or just losing a few ounces, that is when I usually see a size drop in my clothes, so that redistribution is happening at that time, I guess.

I just got into the 2's also, so congrats!  Is it just me or does it now feel like a long road ahead from here?  I don't even know if the 1's are realistic for me, it's been so long...my next mini-goal is getting to the halfway point and that is just 12 pounds away...my brain can handle focusing on that chunk and I'll use it to be my December motivator.  Glad to hear you are doing so well - it's exciting, isn't it?

Just seen your stats, Congratulations on you 100 lb loss !!

On 11/29/2017 at 1:01 PM, Smashlee83 said:

SAME! I love this place. You guys get me on so many levels! @Res Ipsa @Chefman77 If I am not weighing it's because I am avoiding it. Before, when my weight was trending upwards I knew. If I didn't get on the scale I didn't have to actually face it. I could keep eating like garbage and try to live in ignorant bliss. My daily weigh-ins keep me in check. I know there will be fluctuation and now I seem to have hit a point where I only lose 1 week a month and that's a minimal amount. Once I learned that my body had it's own way of doing things I adapted to that.

Measurements are also great. Every time I would get in a stall I would imagine my body magically moving around fat and changing the shape of my body. I have lost 41 inches and 81lbs and I feel better than I ever have!

Oh yes I did the same thing  avoided the scale and lived in ignorant bliss.