Boymom1202

I went out to eat tonight!

So I am on day 12 of my 4 week liquid diet. Tonight we had family pics of my whole family. Afterwards everyone wanted to go to eat and of course I tagged along. I sat and watched everyone eat pizza and I drank my protein drink. I have to say it wasn’t the most fun thing that I have experienced but it wasn’t terrible. I think I am kind of getting used to the diet and not being able to eat all the crap. I know that can change in a blink of an eye though! I really just want to be able to eat regular food lol! I just wanted to share to give myself a pat on the back and to also say to anyone out there keep pushing! Stay strong! You want this surgery and lifestyle change more then you want that pizza! 

Edited by Boymom1202

I sympathize with you! I was on liquids for an extended period of time.

Time does fly by though. Before you know it, you'll be post-op, working your way up to being able to eat somewhat normally again! 

You get extra points for your great attitude :-)

1 hour ago, Boymom1202 said:

So I am on day 12 of my 4 week liquid diet. Tonight we had family pics of my whole family. Afterwards everyone wanted to go to eat and of course I tagged along. I sat and watched everyone eat pizza and I drank my protein drink. I have to say it wasn’t the most fun thing that I have experienced but it wasn’t terrible. I think I am kind of getting used to the diet and not being able to eat all the crap. I know that can change in a blink of an eye though! I really just want to be able to eat regular food lol! I just wanted to share to give myself a pat on the back and to also say to anyone out there keep pushing! Stay strong! You want this surgery and lifestyle change more then you want that pizza! 

This is a much harder thing to do before surgery than after it, so big pat on the back with a "Nice job!" thrown in! 

11 hours ago, Boymom1202 said:

PAT ON BACK well deserved!!!  *pat* *pat*  

it isn't easy but the feeling of power and control it gave me just KNOWING I could resist and do the 4 wks liquid was really amazing!  so it will be worth it in the end.  i hear people say all of the time "i followed it mostly but when my family had such and such, of course I ate out with them" and I think "my family had meals and celebrations and I stuck to my commitment and was so proud of me!!!"  

And you're right, you want the surgery/lifestyle change more than a fleeting piece of pizza!!! KUDOS for  you!!!

ps how did your family pic turn out?  You won't be able to believe the difference from this years to next year's pic....you might just want to be front and center next year!!! :D

Edited by CJireh

5 hours ago, CJireh said:

PAT ON BACK well deserved!!!  *pat* *pat*  

it isn't easy but the feeling of power and control it gave me just KNOWING I could resist and do the 4 wks liquid was really amazing!  so it will be worth it in the end.  i hear people say all of the time "i followed it mostly but when my family had such and such, of course I ate out with them" and I think "my family had meals and celebrations and I stuck to my commitment and was so proud of me!!!"  

And you're right, you want the surgery/lifestyle change more than a fleeting piece of pizza!!! KUDOS for  you!!!

ps how did your family pic turn out?  You won't be able to believe the difference from this years to next year's pic....you might just want to be front and center next year!!! :D

I told my cousins that we are doing a redo next year when I am skinny hahahaha

12 minutes ago, Boymom1202 said:

I told my cousins that we are doing a redo next year when I am skinny hahahaha

We'll be looking for the post, this time next year! 

Agree with @CJireh you want all this documentary evidence.  I think it was @Trish1967 who just posted a picture of her, and her daughter, wearing the same piece of clothing - they both fit in!