Lmelendez

Surgery next week

Hi everyone, my name is Lilly and I have surgery coming up next week. Im very anxious and nervous and excited and scared all at once. Is anyone else out there about to have surgery for the first time?

Welcome to Thinner Times Lilly!

Check out our November 2017 Calendar and add your name on the appropriate date.  We have 3 members having surgery next week so you will have company.  

Hi and welcome. My surgery is on Wednesday and it will be my first surgery ever. I'm ready, though. Best of luck to you next week!

Thanks girl, best of luck to you too. I'm so excited!! 

Welcome! Very exciting!

7 hours ago, Lmelendez said:

Hi everyone, my name is Lilly and I have surgery coming up next week. Im very anxious and nervous and excited and scared all at once. Is anyone else out there about to have surgery for the first time?

Hi Lilly - Welcome!  I had my surgery this past summer, but prior to that I had not had surgery except for an outpatient procedure in my 20s.  It was a great first experience with a major operation and hospital stay for me.  I felt pretty confident going into my surgery because of the large number of surgeries my doctor had performed.  I sort of went into the whole thing thinking that if I felt too nervous I could always change my mind - I'd always been sort of a scaredy cat when it came to medical things.  Then about 1 or 2 weeks before my surgery I had a dream that I woke up in the hospital post-op and the doctor said that he hadn't been able to complete the surgery and in my dream I was SO disappointed.  It felt real when I woke up.  From that point on, I was pretty much only excited and eager to start the surgical part of the process.  It was like my subconscious was telling me how I really felt.  : )  I've found the psychological part of this journey to be pretty fascinating.  Anyway, I wish you all the best - your date is right around the corner!

Welcome to TTF! I hope everything goes really smoothly for you next week, and I'm looking forward to welcoming you to the losers bench. Keep us posted on how you're doing :) 

Welcome!  My weight loss surgery was my first major surgery and I had no problems.  Exciting, and thin, times lie ahead for you! :)