Sign in to follow this  
Boymom1202

Pre op appointment

Went to my dr yesterday for my pre op appt. I have to start my “liquid” diet on Monday and be on it all the up until December 11th! A little over 1 month and I will be in surgery!

Exciting times for sure Boymom. 

4 minutes ago, Boymom1202 said:

Went to my dr yesterday for my pre op appt. I have to start my “liquid” diet on Monday and be on it all the up until December 11th! A little over 1 month and I will be in surgery!

Good luck with your diet! I will start my 3 week liquid diet on the 25th for my surgery Dec.16. I hope all goes well for you! 

12 hours ago, Boymom1202 said:

HOORAY! I'm excited for you and wish you the best. 

12 hours ago, Boymom1202 said:

Congrats on this important step. 

If you liquid diet is very protein-rich and intended to make you ketotic, just be aware a lot of people feel pretty blah for 3-4 days before the hunger is gone and the ketosis "clear mindedness" kicks in. It's normal...

Getting close! 

Be prepared for the keto flu, as @BurgundyBoy mentioned. It doesn't feel fun for the first few days. It gets better quickly, though, and is a heck of a way to burn off some pounds.

I agree with all the above @Boymom1202. My pre-op liquid diet was 4 weeks but I was pretty much on it for about 7 months prior to my surgery. I lost the majority of my excess weight before surgery so I pretty much fell off the wagon during the 4 week pre-op diet. In my case that didn't matter.....but I don't recommend following in my footsteps in that regard. Best of luck with your run up to surgery, and of course the actual procedure. Life is full of great surprises afterwards.