Hello everyone! I am Stephanie. I live in Kentucky. My surgery date is November 30th and I am super excited. I'm also very excited to be here to share our experiences! it seems like forever that I have been trying to have this surgery done. I don't think it's actually hit me yet that it's finally going to happen....soon! 

Congrats on getting a surgery date !!   Not long now.  Do you have a 2 week liquid diet?

Thank you! Actually, they're just making me do a 2-week protein diet, for my liver.

Edited by Lynn74

Welcome, Lynn! You will absolutely love it here on Thinner Times! I am 4 months Post-op, but let me assure you the support, camaraderie, and friendships you will encounter here are priceless and second to none. The experience and wisdom from good behavior and hiccups along our journeys will hopefully be a big support to you. Reading through the forum will give you some great tools and good advice for you as you begin prepping for the big day! So excited to have you as part of the team! Oh, and if you haven't already, be sure to go to the calendar and list your surgery day, so we can all cheer you on as your day approaches. @CJireh is the unofficial ring leader for November surgeries (hers was Monday), and she will be THRILLED to add you to the November team. Congrats!

Edited by Trish13

Welcome! That surgery date will be here in no time! You've come to the right place for information and support!

Thanks so much for the warm welcome everyone! I'm so glad to be here! <3

Welcome!  This is a great group.  Don't hesitate to ask questions.  

Welcome, @Lynn74! You're on the home stretch before surgery now :) You have a million amazing successes coming your way in the near future. I look forward to hearing how you're doing as you experience them.

Welcome to Thinner Times Lynn!

Don't forget to add yourself to the November Surgery Calendar.

10 hours ago, Trish13 said:

Welcome, Lynn! You will absolutely love it here on Thinner Times! I am 4 months Post-op, but let me assure you the support, camaraderie, and friendships you will encounter here are priceless and second to none. The experience and wisdom from good behavior and hiccups along our journeys will hopefully be a big support to you. Reading through the forum will give you some great tools and good advice for you as you begin prepping for the big day! So excited to have you as part of the team! Oh, and if you haven't already, be sure to go to the calendar and list your surgery day, so we can all cheer you on as your day approaches. @CJireh is the unofficial ring leader for November surgeries (hers was Monday), and she will be THRILLED to add you to the November team. Congrats!

You bet, @Lynn74!  Welcome aboard and welcome to our November to Remember....this is going to change all of our lives!  Happy thanksgiving to YOU!

Edited by CJireh

hello and welcome! it's great to have you here!

Congrats and welcome!  A gloriously healthy new life awaits you!

Welcome to Thinner Times! I'm excited for you!

Thanks everyone! I have been kind of aggravated with my surgery coordinator, so I've been trying to clear my mind for a couple of days to reduce the anxiety. I absolutely love the surgeon who will be performing my surgery but the bariatrics office staff has been another story. They are very nice and sweet, and they keep assuring me that my surgery is on for November 30th, BUT they keep asking me "Did you turn XXXXXXX in? I can't find it in your chart.", and it will be something I turned in weeks or months ago. They've done that twice. And they will NOT call me back. It's like I have to stay right on them. None of this would really bother me if it weren't for my insurance. They act like there is zero chance that I'll be denied, but I just wish they'd go ahead and submit it to make sure. November 30 is less than 3 weeks away! 

Has anyone else had frustrations like this?? 

Edited by Lynn74

On 11/11/2017 at 0:14 PM, Lynn74 said:

Thanks everyone! I have been kind of aggravated with my surgery coordinator, so I've been trying to clear my mind for a couple of days to reduce the anxiety. I absolutely love the surgeon who will be performing my surgery but the bariatrics office staff has been another story. They are very nice and sweet, and they keep assuring me that my surgery is on for November 30th, BUT they keep asking me "Did you turn XXXXXXX in? I can't find it in your chart.", and it will be something I turned in weeks or months ago. They've done that twice. And they will NOT call me back. It's like I have to stay right on them. None of this would really bother me if it weren't for my insurance. They act like there is zero chance that I'll be denied, but I just wish they'd go ahead and submit it to make sure. November 30 is less than 3 weeks away! 

Has anyone else had frustrations like this?? 

Yup. I learned to scan everything I turn into any medical office and when someone misplaces it, just give it to them again, and ask them to document in their note for the day that XX or YY was turned in or provided. The only things that you can assume are in the electronic systems are electronic results; pieces of paper... that's a different story. Maybe I should demand more of the medical system but I think it is constrained by inevitable human foibles. 

Be sure to get receipts for all your copays. I paid one bill related to my surgery and found out the hospital had sent it for collection - third time this year. And I have superb insurance! 

Yes, that's exactly the kind of stuff I've been going through. I haven't been on in a few days because honestly, I was so frustrated that I didn't want to get my hopes up too much only to be told I didn't get approved or that they needed something else or had misplaced something else. I made a deal with myself that I was not going to call them, I was going to put it out of my mind as much as I could and if it happens, it happens. Then, Monday afternoon, I get a call from my coordinator "reminding" me to be at my 2-week pre-op education class. It really wasn't a reminder because no one had ever mentioned such a class, but I was like "no problem. I will be there!". I attended the class, then about 2 hours after it was over I was doing some shopping and I got a text that said my insurance had just approved me!!!! So I am FINALLY approved! No more roller-coaster emotions of 'is this going to happen?' and 'is this not going to happen?'. 

@Lynn74 Awesome!!! Sounds like you are totally ready to go. :) Have you put your date on the calendar? Our November group keeps growing, so excited to have you! 

18 minutes ago, kristinwitha_k said:

@Lynn74 Awesome!!! Sounds like you are totally ready to go. :) Have you put your date on the calendar? Our November group keeps growing, so excited to have you! 

Thank you! I am not sure I know how to do that yet, but I will loo. Thanks again! 

10 minutes ago, Lynn74 said:

Thank you! I am not sure I know how to do that yet, but I will loo. Thanks again! 

Easy peasy! Go here: http://www.thinnertimesforum.com/calendar/. Click "Create Event". :) Only if you want to, though! 

Welcome, @Lynn74, I must've missed your into when I was in the hospital... But welcome to the November to Remember group.... We have a ton of members that got it are getting surgery this month... And we all have a ton to be thankful for!!!! 

EDIT: Duh! I had already welcomed you...in the hospital in my post surgical stupor, so I guess I forgot!  Haha!  

But anyway, so glad you got the official approval and can get the surgery for sure!!!  

Edited by CJireh

4 hours ago, kristinwitha_k said:

Easy peasy! Go here: http://www.thinnertimesforum.com/calendar/. Click "Create Event". :) Only if you want to, though! 

Thank you! Of course I want to! I meant 'soon'...not sure why it came out 'loo', lol! 

On 11/8/2017 at 7:13 PM, tracyringo said:

Congrats on getting a surgery date !!   Not long now.  Do you have a 2 week liquid diet?

I was told yesterday that I would have to do a liquid diet for 48 hours before the surgery. 

That's not bad at all !!  Lucky you!

36 minutes ago, tracyringo said:

That's not bad at all !!  Lucky you!

Thank you! Yes, I can't complain. Two weeks would be so difficult, especially since that would include Thanksgiving! 

December 15th would have been better to enjoy the Thanksgiving Holiday! Maybe you can have a quick one this weekend.  I am about 6 weeks post op and looking forward to about a cup of Thanksgiving joy! Hope you like it here and get the support you need. There are many experts and many folks willing to help you on your journey to a newer, better, faster $6million dollar body.

Edited by FishOn