Sign in to follow this  
Emmajsmom

Gallbladder Removal

Hi Everyone!

I am 2 weeks Post op from my Gastric Bypass and doing great for the most part.  At the same time of my surgery I also had my gallbladder removed because it had stones in it.  

I had my post op appointment yesterday and have been feeling this sore/dull pain where my gallbladder used to be.  My doc told me based off where I was stating the pain was coming from it's common.  It has been inconsistent but it is really annoying.  

Just wondering if anyone else has had both surgeries done and if you felt the same.  How long did it take to pass?  Any info you may have.

Thanks!!!!!

I had some discomfort for a few weeks after my gallbladder was removed.

This may be of some of help:  Symptoms After Gallbladder Removal

And this thread is a good read too:  

I didn't have both surgeries at the same time, so I don't know if my experience will help. But I had my gallbladder removed in 1990, due to stones caused by rapid weight loss after my son was born in 1988. When I say rapid I mean it...50 pounds in 2 weeks (very serious complications after his birth). I not only continued to have gallbladder type pain post op, but I continued to have what felt like attacks. For me, it never went away. They scoped me about a month post op in 1990, because they thought I might have a bile duct stone, but I didn't. They scoped me again in 2016, still nothing. But I had some pretty serious fatty liver, so they chalked it up to that. I've been dealing with this pain for 27 years. My fatty liver is now a thing of the past (yay!) and the pain is much less severe now than it's ever been, but I still have it. For me, it's just something I've had to learn to live with...very reluctantly. I certainly hope your pain resolves itself soon. It's no fun living with it. I'm a medical freak...so please don't let this post scare you. Just know I'm praying that you feel better soon. ❤️

I didn't have them done at the same time, but I did have my gallbladder removed in 2006 due to painful attacks and it ended up having a bunch of stones in there. I was back at work a week after my surgery, but I wasn't 100% for probably 3-4 weeks. I did have dull pain for several weeks. Everyone's experience is different, but I do remember the doctor saying the dull achy pain is pretty standard.