Cardamom77

My sister died suddenly tonight

So very sorry for your loss.

We had the service yesterday. I'm struggling. I didn't push back my surgery, so I'm going to have to come up with the money somehow - even after having to put a lot of my own money toward settling her affairs. I'm not sure how that's going to happen. :(

(((Big hugs)))  Carda please know that we are here for you.  You have every reason to be still struggling, this is all so new and fresh.  Please don't rush yourself into anything.  One day at a time honey.

Thanks for checking in. Praying that it all works out.

Glad to hear from you @Cardamom77, you've been heavy on my heart all week!  I'm sure it's been such an emotional time for you. Know we are here for you!

Thank you for checking in. I've been thinking about you and your family this week - I'm sure you've been full of grief and hard feelings, but I hope you are all helping each other get through this difficult time. 

I wish you the very best for your surgery day. 

Take good care of yourself - be kind to yourself. 

So very sorry for your loss.  Words really aren't adequate. Hugs.

23 hours ago, Cardamom77 said:

We had the service yesterday. I'm struggling. I didn't push back my surgery, so I'm going to have to come up with the money somehow - even after having to put a lot of my own money toward settling her affairs. I'm not sure how that's going to happen. :(

I am so sorry. I know that you are still in shock and still a little numb. It has been 25 days now since I lost my sister. It is just now starting to seem very real. I would not wish this pain on anyone.

If you do end up moving forward with the surgery, have you considered something like Care Credit or one of the other medical interest free loan options? Just trying to help you figure out a solution. I know how difficult things can be  when funds are tight.

We can't do credit (my husband had cancer a couple of years ago that tanked our finances), but thank you for trying - sincerely. We got it figured out. I'm going through with it. :)

7 hours ago, Cardamom77 said:

We can't do credit (my husband had cancer a couple of years ago that tanked our finances), but thank you for trying - sincerely. We got it figured out. I'm going through with it. :)

That is great news!  I have been watching the forum for an update from you. I am so glad to hear that you are moving forward and also got it all figured out. I highly suspect that your sister would be happy to know this as well.

I will continue to keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. Can't wait to hear from you post op. :)

Hugs to you from a fellow griever