On 11/7/2017 at 7:54 AM, Artie said:

So I am a newbie and have my surgery date scheduled for December 16th in Mexico. 

I am beyond excited to change my life and do all the things that being obese prevents me from doing. 

Any tips or good vibes my way are greatly appreciated! Have a great day! 

Welcome @Artie! Thanks to Thinner Times I have never have to to feel alone, unique, or misunderstood through my journey. I have been able to find answers to any questions I have had through this forum and I cherish having everyone on here for support/advice when I need it. Exciting days ahead of you and I look forward to hearing about your progress.

31 minutes ago, Artie said:

I feel like I will be able to manage discomfort and pain, its the fatigue I am worried about. I am a college student and a full time employee so my days consist of work and homework. Thankfully the sleeve will be during Christmas break so I can just rest after work. 

Thank you for your response :) 

I work at a university so I had that advantage as well.  In fact, it's why I was off longer than I really needed.

You are on the same time line as I was; my sleeve was December 17, 2014.  It was the first time I ever lost weight during the holidays :)

3 minutes ago, msmarymac said:

I work at a university so I had that advantage as well.  In fact, it's why I was off longer than I really needed.

You are on the same time line as I was; my sleeve was December 17, 2014.  It was the first time I ever lost weight during the holidays :)

I am glad I have someone that went through it at the same time as me. Im curious to see how the holidays will be when I will barely be on soft foods if I am lucky. 

@Artie, it wasn't so bad.  My first week postop was clear liquids, so to move to full liquids in time for Christmas seemed quite decadent lol.  Instead of a ham and the usual trimmings, my mom made soups; one of them was a butternut squash soup that was so delicious.  And, she sent the leftover home with me so I enjoyed it all the next week, adding some chicken soup flavor Unjury protein powder to it which upped both the protein and the flavor.  I brought a trifle that I made with sugar free pudding and then just took a couple of spoons of the pudding so it appeared I was having dessert.  Mostly, I tried focusing more on talking with family and enjoying my nieces and nephews instead of being so consumed with the food.  It actually went really well and I hope yours does too.

1 hour ago, Artie said:

I am glad I have someone that went through it at the same time as me. Im curious to see how the holidays will be when I will barely be on soft foods if I am lucky. 

My guess is you will be so happy to have lost weight and to have gotten through the surgery that you will treat that as the biggest gift or blessing of the season. I think a lot of us have associated the joys of the holidays with the quantity of food when it's really the people, the visiting, the comraderie. All those joys will be there. 

the great gift I had last holiday season was my wife's (my Perfect Wife's) whole-hearted support for having my surgery done. She was fearful I might come to harm but did her own due-diligence on the surgery and came out a strong supporter. 

On 11/7/2017 at 8:54 AM, Artie said:

So I am a newbie and have my surgery date scheduled for December 16th in Mexico. 

I am beyond excited to change my life and do all the things that being obese prevents me from doing. 

Any tips or good vibes my way are greatly appreciated! Have a great day! 

Definitely sending.you good vibes