My Bariatric Life

#ThankfulNovember I Lost 135lbs and Reclaimed My Life

November is the month of gratitude and we each have something for which to be thankful! To acknowledge my many blessings, I’ve joined the #ThankfulNovember Challenge that has swept the country. Every day this month I am among the many people who will Tweet something that I am thankful for on Twitter with the hashtag #ThankfulNovember. Why don’t you join in giving thanks, too?

Among my many blessings, I want to deeply explore in this share post one thing for which I am tremendously thankful for this year. Here is my story: I am a writer on the web and obesity health activist known as My Bariatric Life. I’ve worked very hard to get to the level of fitness and health that I have achieved today. It wasn’t always this way.

As a twenty-something year old I quickly began to go from fit to fat — why? I’ll never know. What I do know is that I became a processed food junkie and couch potato with diabetes, celiac disease, depression, acid reflux, asthma, and hypertension. In my 30s, I was morbidly obese and on ~10 prescription medications for obesity-related illnesses and headed to an early grave. I needed a drastic, life-changing intervention. My health and my life were literally at stake. READ MORE (posted on my website)

My Bariatric Life before and after plastic surgery Joseph Capella MD.jpg