AustinJ

5 months of pre-op diet - down 86lbs

I had my 5th month pre-op weigh in and pre-op physical this morning. I am down 19 lbs from last months weigh in. I started at 504 lbs and am at 418 lbs now. My pre-op success is due to my low carb diet and exercise. I walk 6 days a week, 3.5 - 4 miles a per day, and don't exceed 60 carbs in a day. I have been in ketosis for several months now.

I'm 8 days out from VSG surgery and on day 4 of the pre-op liquid diet. I believe I will be at 100 lbs lost by the time I leave the hospital after surgery.

I think that's a truly magnificent success Austin and I have no doubt that with the determination you've shown on your pre-op programme, you will make a success of your VSG.

I'm really looking forward to being on the losers bench.

If anyone deserves a place on that bench Austin, it's you.  You have worked incredibly hard and I'm sure your family and friends are proud of your success on your pre-op.

53 minutes ago, AustinJ said:

I had my 5th month pre-op weigh in and pre-op physical this morning. I am down 19 lbs from last months weigh in. I started at 504 lbs and am at 418 lbs now. My pre-op success is due to my low carb diet and exercise. I walk 6 days a week, 3.5 - 4 miles a per day, and don't exceed 60 carbs in a day. I have been in ketosis for several months now.

I'm 8 days out from VSG surgery and on day 4 of the pre-op liquid diet. I believe I will be at 100 lbs lost by the time I leave the hospital after surgery.

Pre-op weight loss strongly predicts post-op weight loss. Kudos, congratulations, well done, other positive noises on your progress. Your surgery will be WAY safer with this loss "under your belt."

Not much longer. Just don't blink and put those feet right in front of one another. 

AWESOME Austin!!!  You are doing fantastic!

Such an accomplishment! Great job!

Wow!  Way to go!  Hoping you have a speedy recovery!  Looking forward to seeing you on the losers bench!

Wow, Austin. That is really awesome. What an inspiration you are to those of us that will follow. Can't wait to see you reach your goal

Your hard work is really paying off! Good job! :) 

Thank you everyone for the positive words. I just want every one reading this for inspiration to know, that you do not have to be perfect in your diet to lose weight. If you set daily goals and meet them 98% of the time you will still have success. We are human, we mess up, we make mistakes, we make bad decisions sometimes, don't linger in them. Identify your issues and try to fix them, if you fail try again. Tomorrow is a new day and a clean slate for you to be a success again. Your dedication and faith in your plan will determine your success. It is up to you to be the change you want to see.

On 10/31/2017 at 2:12 PM, AustinJ said:

Wow! You are amazing. Can't wait to follow your journey post surgery as well. 

1 hour ago, AustinJ said:

Thank you everyone for the positive words. I just want every one reading this for inspiration to know, that you do not have to be perfect in your diet to lose weight. If you set daily goals and meet them 98% of the time you will still have success. We are human, we mess up, we make mistakes, we make bad decisions sometimes, don't linger in them. Identify your issues and try to fix them, if you fail try again. Tomorrow is a new day and a clean slate for you to be a success again. Your dedication and faith in your plan will determine your success. It is up to you to be the change you want to see.

Very true words. Best wishes with your upcoming surgery AustinJ. You've done so well pre-op I doubt you'll even notice much difference in your lifestyle post surgery. You've got this down pat now, so surgery should be not much more than a blip on an already well travelled path for you......mind you an amazingly useful "blip".

8 minutes ago, Aussie H said:

Very true words. Best wishes with your upcoming surgery AustinJ. You've done so well pre-op I doubt you'll even notice much difference in your lifestyle post surgery. You've got this down pat now, so surgery should be not much more than a blip on an already well travelled path for you......mind you an amazingly useful "blip".

I'm just hoping surgery helps me to maintain the success I am already having. Heck, it may even make the process easier.

Great job!!  A nice place in the losers bench is already reserved for you - just let us know when you are on it!!  

We remain here to support you on your weight loss surgery journey which truly will be life changing for you.  :)

18 hours ago, AustinJ said:

You've nailed this Austin and you are so right.  Failure is not falling down, it's refusing to get up.

On 02/11/2017 at 6:41 AM, AustinJ said:

I'm just hoping surgery helps me to maintain the success I am already having. Heck, it may even make the process easier.

That was also my hope going into surgery after such good success before. The surgery however exceed my expectations and was so easy given my lower starting weight. While we can never know if it would have been tougher if performed when at our highest weight, because that isn't actually going to happen, the surgeon's certainly believe that pre-surgery weightloss and heart fitness is better for us and for them. They have experience and statistics to form their opinions, so trusting their process is the best thing we can do for ourselves. I'm also a great believer in the power of positive thinking, and you can now head into theatre knowing that you have done everything you can to help yourself come through your surgery with the best chance of success.