All4joy

Hello, I'd like to Introduce Myself

Hello, 

I would like to introduce myself.  I am All4joy and I am new to the site.  I've never done this before, although I have made a comment or two, I'm not quite sure how to upload what I'd like to convey, so I hope I am doing this correctly. 

I begun my journey to have Gastric Bypass Surgery in December 2016.  It's been a slow process for me as there have been work commitments, a few obstacles I had to overcome as well as switching healthcare providers.  

I am finally in the last phase of the process and I am very excited to be here.  I have to complete a nutrition refresher class on Monday, as it has been 6 months since I took the first class (its a 6 month program), and afterwards, hopefully, I will be scheduled for an appt with the bariatric nurse to receive my surgery date in the same week. 

I was told that the surgery date is usually 1 week out from the appt with the nurse, so I think my surgery will be during the week of the 23rd or the week of the 30th.  Hurray!!!!

I love coming to this site and reading all the wonderful testaments and helpful insights and I hope I can be a resource to someone else.

Looking forward to a healthier version of myself in 2018! 

@All4joy

we look to hearing more as you go forward. Best thing I ever did for myself. Here's to your success and having an easy post-op period!

Thank you so much and congratulations to you on your surgery and successful weight loss!  

12 minutes ago, All4joy said:

Thank you so much and congratulations to you on your surgery and successful weight loss!  

Thank you! Here's hoping your journey is an easy one.

(I still have a ways to go on my Path but: am more than 80 lbs. down, my sleep apnea is gone, the crippling back pain is 95% better, my blood pressure is normal and my life expectancy is 13-16 years longer now. Plus I FEEL and look great! What is not good in these results?! ♡♡♡!!)

Welcome! Won't be long now! We're here to support you!

Thank you so very much!  I really appreciate the support - I'm a little frightened of surgery, but the outcome certainly outweighs the fear. :)

Welcome to Thinner Times All4joy!

Welcome!  Everyone's weight loss surgery journey is a bit different, but TTF is a great place to come for support, information and inspiration.  

Welcome, @All4joy! I hope you find as much excellent support on this forum as I have. It's been a lifesaver as I've gone through this process :) I hope your path toward surgery goes smoothly - just in time for a new you in the new year.

Welcome. I look forward to seeing your journey unfold. This place had been a huge part of mine so far. An amazing resource with amazing people. Congratulations!

Welcome @All4joy!!!  This is the place I come to for understanding and encouragement.  I don't have any in-real-life friends that have had bariatric surgery, so this community is precious to me.  Glad you found us! <3

Hi everyone! 

Thank you so much for welcoming me to the forum and for all the well wishes!  I couldn't feel more encouraged as I do right now in this moment! 

I had felt so isolated in this process for so long.  I have been reluctant to share my decision to have WLS with certain family members, friends and co-workers.  

As you can probably imagine, I am thrilled to be able to open up, and be a part of this amazing community.  What a blessing it is to feel understood and validated. 

Welcome, All4joy :) 

Welcome and may 2018 be all full of JOY 4 you!

Welcome All4joy! 

On 10/15/2017 at 1:05 AM, All4joy said:

Hello, 

I would like to introduce myself.  I am All4joy and I am new to the site.  I've never done this before, although I have made a comment or two, I'm not quite sure how to upload what I'd like to convey, so I hope I am doing this correctly. 

I begun my journey to have Gastric Bypass Surgery in December 2016.  It's been a slow process for me as there have been work commitments, a few obstacles I had to overcome as well as switching healthcare providers.  

I am finally in the last phase of the process and I am very excited to be here.  I have to complete a nutrition refresher class on Monday, as it has been 6 months since I took the first class (its a 6 month program), and afterwards, hopefully, I will be scheduled for an appt with the bariatric nurse to receive my surgery date in the same week. 

I was told that the surgery date is usually 1 week out from the appt with the nurse, so I think my surgery will be during the week of the 23rd or the week of the 30th.  Hurray!!!!

I love coming to this site and reading all the wonderful testaments and helpful insights and I hope I can be a resource to someone else.

Looking forward to a healthier version of myself in 2018! 

I'm looking forward to getting to know you better! Welcome and congrats on taking this important step. 

On 10/15/2017 at 6:35 PM, All4joy said:

Hi everyone! 

Thank you so much for welcoming me to the forum and for all the well wishes!  I couldn't feel more encouraged as I do right now in this moment! 

I had felt so isolated in this process for so long.  I have been reluctant to share my decision to have WLS with certain family members, friends and co-workers.  

As you can probably imagine, I am thrilled to be able to open up, and be a part of this amazing community.  What a blessing it is to feel understood and validated. 

I know exactly what you mean. I haven't told many people in my social circle. This forum has lifted my spirits. I wish you nothing but success. 

Welcome @All4joy! This is a very exciting time for you...and we are so glad you decided to jump on this WLS journey with us. Great forum, invaluable advise, and amazing people...you will love it here!!