CelticGirl

Hi, I''m new!

On 10/15/2017 at 0:26 PM, TammyP said:

Hahahahaaaa.....this made me laugh and remember my bakery visit last weekend.  I'll blame the hubby.  I am, however, of the mindset that I *will* reward myself occasionally for my progress.  Donut shops here are amazing.  Hopefully I can upload a pic of the tiniest most adorable kolache ever, as well as the best donut hole I've ever had LOL ~

They were right, I did deserve it :P

IMG_1483.jpg

@TammyP Wow, thanks for sharing!  Just looked at the LIKES for this post and it looks like you're trending. :D

30 minutes ago, CelticGirl said:

TammyP Wow, thanks for sharing!  Just looked at the LIKES for this post and it looks like you're trending. :D

Hahahahhaaaa.....TY I needed a laugh this evening <3

On 10/15/2017 at 3:26 PM, TammyP said:

Hahahahaaaa.....this made me laugh and remember my bakery visit last weekend.  I'll blame the hubby.  I am, however, of the mindset that I *will* reward myself occasionally for my progress.  Donut shops here are amazing.  Hopefully I can upload a pic of the tiniest most adorable kolache ever, as well as the best donut hole I've ever had LOL ~

They were right, I did deserve it :P

IMG_1483.jpg

LOVE IT!!

7 hours ago, CelticGirl said:

@BurgundyBoy Thank you for all the information. And I do appreciate you doing that scientific research for me. That is really going the extra mile!  Regarding the Champagne, that is not until I lose my weight.  Future reference. Although I must say I'm not sure about the new and old. I probably drink the new right now. The old is probably out of my budget, but would like the results of your research just the same!  The mineral water question is more immediate.  Something I'll have to find out for myself I'm afraid.  

@CelticGirl - You are welcome, the results of whatever scientific research is conducted will be posted here.

Champagne does not fit into the Path after WLS. For some people it may fit best after they get to maintenance. In the spirit of something to look forward too:

Here's a suggestion then - just buy a "nonvintage" champagne or California equivalent that you like when it is on sale this holiday season, find a nice cool hiding hole for it in your basement or that of a trusted friend and let it rest for a year or two. It shouldn't get warm nor freeze. Open it when you've achieved your WLS goal and want to share with some family or friends in your celebration. It will have mellowed and deepened in flavor just a touch  -- just like all of us who undergo and succeed with WLS.  ;)  Would not buy fizz that has been sitting in a retailer in a warm spot for months and months because it will be damaged. End of the year sales with big turnover is the time to buy. 

In my opinion, this is not a commercial recommendation, Aubry is a French champagne to check out: most basic champagne is pretty good, and will improve with a year or two on it. Roederer Estate from California, year in and year out, equals many French champagnes in blind tastings;  and with a year or so on it, it notches up a bit in terms of goodness. It won't break the bank either given its reasonable price of $20-25. This aging for a year won't transform a crummy bottle into a great bottle but if you start with something good, it will improve. I pretty routinely buy NEXT year's holiday fizz THIS year when the prices are lowest and the stock the freshest, and let it age a year (if my Perfect Wife can keep her hands off it. That is what Hiding Places are for in our cellar).

As you may have gleaned, in the BurgundyBoy household whatever moderation I have managed to undertake in my weight loss path does not mean the spouse has committed to it ("More fizz for me! Yes!!" she cried out! "...and what do you mean it's all been drunk up?? Who could have done that??"). <_<

Well, be it bubbly water or champagne, here is to your Path. 

19 hours ago, TammyP said:

Hahahahhaaaa.....TY I needed a laugh this evening <3

My pleasure. I love that so many ladies on here have a good sense of humor!  :D

10 hours ago, BurgundyBoy said:

@CelticGirl - You are welcome, the results of whatever scientific research is conducted will be posted here.

Champagne does not fit into the Path after WLS. For some people it may fit best after they get to maintenance. In the spirit of something to look forward too:

Here's a suggestion then - just buy a "nonvintage" champagne or California equivalent that you like when it is on sale this holiday season, find a nice cool hiding hole for it in your basement or that of a trusted friend and let it rest for a year or two. It shouldn't get warm nor freeze. Open it when you've achieved your WLS goal and want to share with some family or friends in your celebration. It will have mellowed and deepened in flavor just a touch  -- just like all of us who undergo and succeed with WLS.  ;)  Would not buy fizz that has been sitting in a retailer in a warm spot for months and months because it will be damaged. End of the year sales with big turnover is the time to buy. 

In my opinion, this is not a commercial recommendation, Aubry is a French champagne to check out: most basic champagne is pretty good, and will improve with a year or two on it. Roederer Estate from California, year in and year out, equals many French champagnes in blind tastings;  and with a year or so on it, it notches up a bit in terms of goodness. It won't break the bank either given its reasonable price of $20-25. This aging for a year won't transform a crummy bottle into a great bottle but if you start with something good, it will improve. I pretty routinely buy NEXT year's holiday fizz THIS year when the prices are lowest and the stock the freshest, and let it age a year (if my Perfect Wife can keep her hands off it. That is what Hiding Places are for in our cellar).

As you may have gleaned, in the BurgundyBoy household whatever moderation I have managed to undertake in my weight loss path does not mean the spouse has committed to it ("More fizz for me! Yes!!" she cried out! "...and what do you mean it's all been drunk up?? Who could have done that??"). <_<

Well, be it bubbly water or champagne, here is to your Path. 

@BurgundyBoy Great idea! Thank you for the education. Do you chill the champagne after it settles, or drink it warm? 

3 hours ago, CelticGirl said:

@BurgundyBoy Great idea! Thank you for the education. Do you chill the champagne after it settles, or drink it warm? 

Chilled, just like a new bottle, and never ice cold for a good bottle (too cold dulls the wine; you only drink bad wine that cold). 

Your Humble Servant, BB

On 10/18/2017 at 4:53 PM, BurgundyBoy said:

Chilled, just like a new bottle, and never ice cold for a good bottle (too cold dulls the wine; you only drink bad wine that cold). 

Your Humble Servant, BB

@BurgundyBoy  You know a lot. Thanks for sharing!