LMBlack

Surgery scheduled

13 posts in this topic

I'm so excited to be at this place. I'm in the 2 week pre-op liquid diet. I am scheduled October 24 for bypass. I did have the 6 month insurance requirement so it feels like I started the journey so long ago. 

Hoping for smooth sailing. I have a very supportive husband and children. My husband went to all my appointments and classes with me. 

I'm sure I'll be looking for advice and shoulders to cry on. As supporting as my family is they are all healthy weights so can't understand the mental struggle but bless them they do try. 

xmandy, Res Ipsa, NerdyLady and 3 others like this

Welcome to Thinner Times!

LMBlack likes this

@LMBlack Congratulations on getting your surgery date!  I am having the sleeve done next Tuesday, the 17th.  I am so excited! 

Isn't it great to have supportive family?  I feel so lucky that my family has been on my side this whole time.  My mom came to all my doctor's appointments and nutritionist visits as well.

LMBlack likes this

Welcome! I'm looking forward to welcoming you to the losers bench. 

LMBlack likes this

@LMBlack congratulations!  How exciting!  I, too, have a very supportive husband (haven't told my kids yet), but since he doesn't have a weight problem so it is often  very comforting to talk to ppl here to "get it" and understand the struggle we have all had our whole life long!

LMBlack and Jen581791 like this

Welcome!  We are here to support and inform you on your weight loss surgery journey. 

I have never regretted having my gastric bypass, as it allowed me to become healthy, thin and much more active - plus it probably added 10 to 15 years to my life. What is not to love!  :)

Jen581791 and LMBlack like this

Welcome! Won't be long now! We're here to support you!

LMBlack likes this

Welcome!

LMBlack likes this

Welcome to TT!

LMBlack likes this

6 hours ago, LMBlack said:

I'm so excited to be at this place. I'm in the 2 week pre-op liquid diet. I am scheduled October 24 for bypass. I did have the 6 month insurance requirement so it feels like I started the journey so long ago. 

Hoping for smooth sailing. I have a very supportive husband and children. My husband went to all my appointments and classes with me. 

I'm sure I'll be looking for advice and shoulders to cry on. As supporting as my family is they are all healthy weights so can't understand the mental struggle but bless them they do try. 

Welcome!  We're here for you!  :)  As long as the pre-op period seems to take, the post-op time has seemed to fly by for me.  Can't wait to see you on the loser's bench!

7 hours ago, LMBlack said:

Greetings! Only 12 more days. Great you have all this support. (re: your comments above, All anyone can do is try... :D). Post about how you are getting ready. Best wishes and welcome, BB

LMBlack likes this

Welcome to the rest of your thinner life! <3

LMBlack likes this

On 10/12/2017 at 10:17 AM, LMBlack said:

Ohhhhh, I can relate to family with healthy weight. I was the only obese person in my family and my husband is as thin as a rail. They all love and support me but don't quite get "it". We understand! You can cry away but before you know it, you'll be championing all the successes in your life.  Welcome!