Jen581791

100 lbs since surgery milestone

Uh, it happened a couple of days ago and I just didn't realize it! I've been really focused on the overall number (sitting at -119), and BMI (only 7 more pounds until normal!) that I just hadn't thought about it. So I've lost 100 pounds in just less than 8 months. Whew! That went by fast, in retrospect. Why does it feel like it's taking forever when it's happening, though?

Happy -100 lbs since surgery to me. So unbelievably glad I did this.

That's super awesome!!!! Well done! 7 pounds until normal BMI?! Sooooo very cool!

Wow Congrats !!!  I can hardly wait to be to see where I am at 8 months..  You must feel and look amazing !

That's fabulous, Jen!  Congrats!!!  8 months of hard work and dedication.  So happy for you!

I can only dream of the day... Congratulation on all of your success, and thank you for sharing with us all so we know that one day these dreams can happen.

6 hours ago, Gretta said:

That's super awesome!!!! Well done! 7 pounds until normal BMI?! Sooooo very cool!

It's a little surreal. I didn't REALLY think I'd get this far when I was considering surgery. This was like "maybe best case scenario if I'm lucky" territory. 

6 hours ago, tracyringo said:

Wow Congrats !!!  I can hardly wait to be to see where I am at 8 months..  You must feel and look amazing !

Thanks! You have a lot of amazing milestones coming up in your near future :) Sometimes I'm amazed at how I look, and other times I don't see it so much. I feel awesome 100% of the time though.

6 hours ago, Kio said:

That's fabulous, Jen!  Congrats!!!  8 months of hard work and dedication.  So happy for you!

Thanks, Kio. Dealing with WLS lifestyle issues has been such a focus, I can't believe I missed this milestone!

5 hours ago, AustinJ said:

I can only dream of the day... Congratulation on all of your success, and thank you for sharing with us all so we know that one day these dreams can happen.

You're taking all the right steps toward making your dream come true. I'm happy if I can serve as sort of a preview of what you will be experiencing soon.

8 hours ago, Jen581791 said:

Uh, it happened a couple of days ago and I just didn't realize it! I've been really focused on the overall number (sitting at -119), and BMI (only 7 more pounds until normal!) that I just hadn't thought about it. So I've lost 100 pounds in just less than 8 months. Whew! That went by fast, in retrospect. Why does it feel like it's taking forever when it's happening, though?

Happy -100 lbs since surgery to me. So unbelievably glad I did this.

Congrats Jen! Spectacular! 

Congratulations!!  Your weight loss success and thoughtful comments here at TTF are an inspiration to us all.  

I am really looking forward to the day that you announce that you have reached your goal weight and are switching into maintenance diet mode.  That will be a day for a wonderful happy dance! :D

29 minutes ago, Res Ipsa said:

Congratulations!!  Your weight loss success and thoughtful comments here at TTF are an inspiration to us all.  

I am really looking forward to the day that you announce that you have reached your goal weight and are switching into maintenance diet mode.  That will be a day for a wonderful happy dance! :D

Thanks, @Res Ipsa! I think that day will be here soonish, and I'm both looking forward to it and feeling some anxiety about it. I'll be here with all of my worries and questions, I'm sure. 

That is absolutely fantastic Jen and so close to getting into the normal BMI for your height (that was my goal - not a number - I just wanted to be "normal").

so unbelievably impressed :)

41 minutes ago, cinwa said:

That is absolutely fantastic Jen and so close to getting into the normal BMI for your height (that was my goal - not a number - I just wanted to be "normal").

"Normal" sounds so amazing after being so far from it for so long! 

Getting there, getting there...

8 hours ago, Jen581791 said:

It's a little surreal. I didn't REALLY think I'd get this far when I was considering surgery. This was like "maybe best case scenario if I'm lucky" territory. 

Full disclosure: I think that way too! So nice to see your real example that all we hope for really IS possible. Thanks for that.

Congrats!  That's awesome!

WOW!!! Congratulations, @Jen581791! I know you are so proud, and you should be!  You are inspiration and I can't wait to see you hit your goal!!

3 hours ago, Trish13 said:

WOW!!! Congratulations, @Jen581791! I know you are so proud, and you should be!  You are inspiration and I can't wait to see you hit your goal!!

Thanks @Trish13! You're right on my heels!

@Jen581791 I'm incredibly happy for you. When I joined this forum, I was eager to connect with someone else who had surgery in Mexico. You have not only become my Mexican buddy, but an inspiration. Your commitment to losing healthily and tracking everything has greatly influenced the way I have lost weight. 

Huzzah!

Edited by NerdyLady

That's so exciting! Congratulations :D

I had my exit interview yesterday for my pre-op program, and they mentioned that I'd listed far fewer barriers now than I did at the beginning. And I quite happily told them that joining a support forum and getting to see real people make real progress and work it hard after surgery has made me realize that many barriers were just excuses. I was totally thinking of you when I was talking! It's been great getting to follow your progress and see how your life has been changing. Thanks for being an inspiration to us all =]

1 hour ago, NerdyLady said:

@Jen581791 I'm incredibly happy for you. When I joined this forum, I was eager to connect with someone else who had surgery in Mexico. You have not only become my Mexican buddy, but an inspiration. Your commitment to losing healthily and tracking everything has greatly influenced the way I have lost weight. 

Huzzah!

Thank you, @NerdyLady! I'm also happy to have a Mexican buddy, and I love to watch you succeed :) 

8 minutes ago, delilas said:

I had my exit interview yesterday for my pre-op program, and they mentioned that I'd listed far fewer barriers now than I did at the beginning. And I quite happily told them that joining a support forum and getting to see real people make real progress and work it hard after surgery has made me realize that many barriers were just excuses. I was totally thinking of you when I was talking! It's been great getting to follow your progress and see how your life has been changing. Thanks for being an inspiration to us all =]

Thanks, @delilas! I'm really happy that I can be that "preview of coming attractions" for you. I'm so pleased that your attitude about life after surgery has evolved in a positive direction, and if I can be a part of that, I'll be really glad. You're getting closer to your own surgery now, and I'll be watching and cheering you on!

10 hours ago, delilas said:

@delilas I've come to rely on your advice and knowledge of WLS. You have contributed a great deal on this forum. I am excited to see you on the other side! Do you have a date yet? 

20 hours ago, NerdyLady said:

@delilas I've come to rely on your advice and knowledge of WLS. You have contributed a great deal on this forum. I am excited to see you on the other side! Do you have a date yet? 

Awwwww thanks :D 

It's likely to be mid-December at this point. I was submitted to insurance this week, so after they say its cool, I'll get my pre-op date :D