Chef42974

4 Months Post Op

9 posts in this topic

Its been a while since I posted but I wanted to touch base and say hi.  I was 4 month post op yesterday and I am down 120 pounds since surgery and 134 total.  I feel amazing.  I did have a little issue with a stricture (spelling) about 6 weeks ago but that is all fixed and I'm doing great.  I am in a routine and getting my vitamins in as well as my proteins.  My family has been so great with support and I feel blessed.  Its is crazy to think that only 4 months ago I was a different person body, mind and soul.  I have moved from a 48-50 waste to a 38-36, I lost 3 inches on my neck and I even dropped 2 ring sizes.  Now I'm 6 foot 3 inches and I weight 257.  My doctor and I have set my goal weight at 240 or 245 so I will continue to do what I am doing and eat healthy move my body and enjoy life. 

I was in the Bariatric center last month for my 3 month check up and there was a lady there who was just told that she would have to wait 7 months before surgery and she would have to go through all the classes and visits.  She was visibly upset and I told her (which is very out of character for me) to trust the program you will need every bit of those 7 months to prepare and learn about what you are going to go through.  Without the education and the team at the Winchester Medical center Bariatric Center I don't know that I would be as healthy as I am today. 

I hope that everyone considering this surgery realizes that its not s quick fix and that they are just giving you a tool to use.  this last year both pre and post op has been an adventure and I am so happy to have done it.  I keep mu faith strong my hopes high and my heart open to share my story and help anyone that may need it. 

Thanks for listening

Tom

You're doing great, congrats and keep up the good work!

Thanks for the update! Your weight loss is AMAZING! Well done! I'd love to see some of your recipes.

17 hours ago, Chef42974 said:

Its been a while since I posted but I wanted to touch base and say hi.  I was 4 month post op yesterday and I am down 120 pounds since surgery and 134 total.  I feel amazing.  I did have a little issue with a stricture (spelling) about 6 weeks ago but that is all fixed and I'm doing great.  I am in a routine and getting my vitamins in as well as my proteins.  My family has been so great with support and I feel blessed.  Its is crazy to think that only 4 months ago I was a different person body, mind and soul.  I have moved from a 48-50 waste to a 38-36, I lost 3 inches on my neck and I even dropped 2 ring sizes.  Now I'm 6 foot 3 inches and I weight 257.  My doctor and I have set my goal weight at 240 or 245 so I will continue to do what I am doing and eat healthy move my body and enjoy life. 

I was in the Bariatric center last month for my 3 month check up and there was a lady there who was just told that she would have to wait 7 months before surgery and she would have to go through all the classes and visits.  She was visibly upset and I told her (which is very out of character for me) to trust the program you will need every bit of those 7 months to prepare and learn about what you are going to go through.  Without the education and the team at the Winchester Medical center Bariatric Center I don't know that I would be as healthy as I am today. 

I hope that everyone considering this surgery realizes that its not s quick fix and that they are just giving you a tool to use.  this last year both pre and post op has been an adventure and I am so happy to have done it.  I keep mu faith strong my hopes high and my heart open to share my story and help anyone that may need it. 

Thanks for listening

Tom

Wow! Congratulations!!

Send pictures.

Great job!!!  That is amazing!  So, are you a professional chef or did you just choose that name?  I love to eat but hate to cook! I'm with @Gretta, share some recipes when you get a chance if you don't mind....and keep up the great work!!!

Congrats, Tom! It sounds like you've had a very successful four months, and I'm so happy to hear that you think you were well prepared by the education and training in your program. At four months in, I think you're probably in a great place to evaluate how your life changes are working and how the tool is helping you. 

Will you update your stats to show your progress? For me, it always kind of feels more official when I do that :) 

NerdyLady likes this

You have done a really fabulous job losing weight!  Thanks for being an inspiration to us all. :)

Congratulations! Your progress is absolutely amazing. I also would love to see some pictures if you're comfortable posting :)

WOW!!! My jaw hit the floor!! Your weight loss is absolutely amazing @Chef42974 - our surgery dates are only 1 month apart, but your loss is more than double of mine! I am really happy for you. It sounds like you are in such a good place mentally and emotionally to be able to give a stranger some VERY wise words. Can't wait to hear you hit your goal! Congratulations on your progress!!

Edited by Trish13