bentleygirl

Hi I'm Amanda a newbee

Im Amanda, Im on my 5th month of the supervised diet. my start BMI weight was 42    i have  High blood pressure &  high cholesterol 
I am super excited to find this group because now i will have a outlet   can't wait to talk to everyone

A warm welcome to Thinner Times Amanda!

Hello Amanda and welcome to TT. I am just a little ahead of you in the process. So you will probably see a lot of me here.

Welcome

Welcome, Amanda!

Congratulations on making the decision to take control of your health and your future!  Glad you found us here; this has been an amazing place for learning, sharing, and support.

Welcome to TTF!  We are here to support and inform you on your weight loss surgery journey.  :)

Welcome, Amanda!

welcome, Amanda!  What else do you have to do besides the 6 months (I assume) supervised diet?

Welcome Amanda!

3 hours ago, CJireh said:

welcome, Amanda!  What else do you have to do besides the 6 months (I assume) supervised diet?

i have UHC  and i had to join optum  and use a bariatric Centers of Excellence

I have to show 5 yrs of weight 

a Psychological evaluation, i have that on Nov 3 and im so scared

a Nutrition meeting having also on Nov 3

ekg & gallbladder ultrasound  having that Oct 13

Welcome, Amanda!

thank you for the great welcome guys :D

Welcome, Amanda! :) You're getting close, now. Just a few more steps until the big day. I hope it all goes smoothly for you. We'll be here to listen.

10 hours ago, bentleygirl said:

i have UHC  and i had to join optum  and use a bariatric Centers of Excellence

I have to show 5 yrs of weight 

a Psychological evaluation, i have that on Nov 3 and im so scared

a Nutrition meeting having also on Nov 3

ekg & gallbladder ultrasound  having that Oct 13

Don't fret about the psychological evaluation.

All of us fear being found out for being crazy weird messed up and otherwise tied up in mental knots. Just like every one else in the general population. ;) They just want to know if you can get through the surgery and have (or develop) some insight into your own behaviors that could sabotage your response to the surgery. You don't have to be free of anxiety, depression, bipolar disease, or suddenly forget that Momma didn't love you as much as your older sister or younger brother. You just have to be able to more or less adhere to your dietary Plan and take things like vitamins after your surgery. 

People who don't have any insight into their habits and behaviors tend to not lose as much, or to regain more weight. So if the screening does pick something up, you can get it addressed and then have successful surgery. Plus lead a life that is a bit more free of whatever that oppression was. 

Amanda,

welcome to the forum! You'll find that we are a friendly, judgment free bunch. Sometimes folks will give you some tough love but it is all meant with kindness and support. :D

@bentleygirl, don't stress over the psych eval...I passed it and I'm pretty messed up...LOL!  Seriously though, it isn't to find out you are too crazy for the surgery, it is to find out if there are any thoughts or behaviors that need to be addressed.  Like they will ask you if you binge eat or eat when you are bored or stressed etc.  That way they can make sure you are equipped w/ other ways to cope around food.  I was a little nervous about it like they were going to say I was too far gone and surgery would never help me  since I am a basket case or something but it was not judgmental at all, they just wanted to make sure I was equipped to handle things afterwards.   Like mine told me I don't need to get the bypass just to "punish" myself and insure I wouldn't overindulge in sugar/fats afterwards.  He encouraged me to let my surgeon's recommendations help me make the decision and don't just go for the hardest one just to make sure the weight stayed off.  Things like that, just making sure my thinking was straight.  Just relax and they will talk you through the process :)

I have my endoscopy (and colonscopy) the same day you have your EKG and GB scan....they asked me when I scheduled it "are you superstitious, or will you take Friday the 13th for your appt?" and I laughed.....I just want it done and over with as a step towards the surgery, and I couldn't care less about the Friday the 13th!!  (my surgeon requires the endoscopy so "there's no surprises when he gets in there for surgery" and to test for H-pylori but the colonoscopy is just a freebie thrown in because I am severely anemic and they want to make sure there is no internal bleeding but that is my family dr/GI dr who wants that, not my bariatric surgeon)

Welcome