Sign in to follow this  
Drake

3 Weeks Out Starting 4th - First Throw up :O~

I haven't pushed myself what's so ever since the surgery. Ate with baby spoons and stopped when I felt anything from my midsection, which most of the time think it's just gas.

Friend at work brought a hamburger patty to me they returned from lunch and I was like eh what ever.

First few bites the first thing I notice is grease and I was like this is unusual, never noticed this before. Got about half of the patty down, mind you it was about the size of my palm so I figured it would be ok as long as I chewed the ever living hell out of it. I waited about 10 minutes and decided 'Nope' threw the rest of the patty away and got up tried to stretch my abdomen out as sitting down felt uncomfortable.

First sign I felt, was I felt hot and was building up alot of saliva.. like alot.... 

Knew something was wrong, so went to the bathroom and my body just wasn't having it but wasn't forcing me to throw it up. Stuck two fingers down my throat, didn't even have to do that touched the back of my tongue with my middle finger and 'Gag'... three dry up chucks then this ball of paste emerged and dropped in the toilet with a plunk...

TMI I know... but figured I would least write about it. Not sure if it was too dry, to greasy or the meat expanded or got stuck... 

Least I know my body isn't ready for this and will go back happily to my saucy mushed up chicken meatballs :D 

Edited by Drake

Most likely the grease along with the meat being too dense for your new sleeve.  No matter how much you chew some things they are just too dense this early out.

I guess you learned your lesson the hard way! Sorry it wasn't pleasant, but glad you listened to your body and didn't force it. Better out than in, eh? 

Give it some time and you'll probably be OK to eat a hamburger patty, but it may take some time.

Yeah, the sleeve takes a while to accept beef. I wasn't allowed to have it for 6 weeks! Hopefully the vomiting wasn't too traumatic. I find it easier post-surgery. Sorry that happened. Papaya enzymes are great to have on hand for times you feel something didn't go down right.

@Drake Beef digestion will come in time, just not now. We've all had your experience too. First time I overate and had to throw up was at a wedding --- felt pretty weird. 

Thanks for your words all of you :D

Tis the season for Pot Lucks, came into day with the smell of Taco Meat and Mexican Food Smells as it's Taco Pot Luck Day :D The food table sits right behind my desk and I'm like... greeeeaaaaatttttt 

But there was a healthy choice for me, Shredded Chicken which I pulled some of the broth out and it was amazing and made me feel good. 

18 hours ago, Drake said:

Thanks for your words all of you :D

Tis the season for Pot Lucks, came into day with the smell of Taco Meat and Mexican Food Smells as it's Taco Pot Luck Day :D The food table sits right behind my desk and I'm like... greeeeaaaaatttttt 

But there was a healthy choice for me, Shredded Chicken which I pulled some of the broth out and it was amazing and made me feel good. 

Your positive attitude is visible here. A lot of people flip out right after WLS surgery if they are close to foods they still have emotional bonds (good, bad) with... for you to have seen the possibilities that work for them in this situation is constructive. 

The world around us doesn't change when we have surgery. How we deal with the world around us after surgery is up to us.