Kio

Eat, or toss?

9 posts in this topic

I got back from the Vitamin Shoppe yesterday with some new protein powder, and found in the bag a sample of Quest Protein Chips.  Talked to my nutritionist and she classes them the same as protein shakes/bars, with about the same nutrient profile - says they're okay to eat and a good protein source, as long as I've chewed them to mush.

Ingredients:  Milk protein isolate, whey protein isolate, sunflower oil, corn starch, natural flavors, psyllium husk.  Then the flavoring has onion powder, sour cream, garlic powder, spices, salt, whey powder, yeast extract, calcium carbonate.

Serving size is one bag (32g).

Total fat: 4g

Total carb: 5g

Total fiber: 2g

Total protein: 20g

Total calories: 130g

Even with NUT approval, before I eat anything like this I like to get the collective wisdom of TT.  Has anyone tried them?  Thoughts?  Should I eat, or toss?

I approve. Keep them around for when you're needing crunch. A couple will probably do the trick when that happens.

Zen_Steph likes this

I would eat them; perhaps at a party, cook out or the movies..  gives you a treat with protein.  As long as chips aren't a slippery slope for you..

Alas - it no longer matters.  I tasted them, and they're pretty awful.  But thanks for weighing in, everyone!

they sounded like they would be awful! blech!  but you never know until you try, so it is worth a try especially if it is a free try!

Lol, yeah, they're not that's tasty, but I've bought them a few times for a crunchy snack. I had spicy ones that were not too terrible... 

What's funny is that I just tried these the other day and enjoyed them! They made me think of @BurgundyBoy and his quest for the crunch. :rolleyes: I enjoyed them bc the flavor (BBQ) wasn't too bad and was a welcome savory experience after so many sweet caramel, vanilla, chocolate, etc shakes.

BurgundyBoy and Jen581791 like this

These were sour cream and onion - maybe that was the problem???  I'll try the BBQ when I'm back at the shoppe.  :) 

On 10/9/2017 at 2:41 PM, Gretta said:

I approve. Keep them around for when you're needing crunch. A couple will probably do the trick when that happens.

This.