Karimeaway

Almost a year

31 posts in this topic

October 24th is my surgiversary but I just wanted to take a picture today.  I took about 50.  I'm currently 113 pounds down.  I still have a few weeks to go and hope to get to 115 by my surgiversary.

before and after.jpg

Carina, Clickin, NerdyLady and 8 others like this

WOW! You look great @Karimeaway!!  Congrats on the (almost) surgiversary successes!

INCREDIBLE!!!  You look like a different person and I bet you have lots more energy to keep up with that little cutie!

NerdyLady, Karimeaway and Trish1967 like this

Posted (edited)

You look FAN-freaking-TASTIC! Wow wow wow! 113 pounds down!!!! Incredible!!! Great work!

Edited by Gretta

Wow!  Congrats!  You look amazing!

Trish1967, NerdyLady and Karimeaway like this

@Karimeaway you look thin and fit! And absolutely happy. Whether or not you get to -115 by your surgiversary, you are an amazing success, and I hope you wake up with a smile on your face every day because of it :) I love the bright pink t-shirt and shoes, too, btw. Bright colors are something I stayed away from when I was heavy, but am not afraid of now - are you finding the same thing? 

I hope you have continued success. You're one of the people whose stories I followed closely in the months leading up to my own surgery, so I feel a bit like your success is my success, too.

8 hours ago, Karimeaway said:

October 24th is my surgiversary but I just wanted to take a picture today.  I took about 50.  I'm currently 113 pounds down.  I still have a few weeks to go and hope to get to 115 by my surgiversary.

before and after.jpg

HOLY MOLY!! You look fantastic! Big hugs!!

Trish1967 likes this

2 hours ago, Jen581791 said:

@Karimeaway you look thin and fit! And absolutely happy. Whether or not you get to -115 by your surgiversary, you are an amazing success, and I hope you wake up with a smile on your face every day because of it :) I love the bright pink t-shirt and shoes, too, btw. Bright colors are something I stayed away from when I was heavy, but am not afraid of now - are you finding the same thing? 

I hope you have continued success. You're one of the people whose stories I followed closely in the months leading up to my own surgery, so I feel a bit like your success is my success, too.

@Karimeaway @Jen581791 I have shied away from bright colors for years. I felt like bright colors highlighted my fatness. As I get rid of my clothing, I'm tying to brighten up my closet. Goodbye seventeen black tops and hello to sunshiny colors. :)

Karimeaway, Trish1967 and Jen581791 like this

1 hour ago, NerdyLady said:

@Karimeaway @Jen581791 I have shied away from bright colors for years. I felt like bright colors highlighted my fatness. As I get rid of my clothing, I'm tying to brighten up my closet. Goodbye seventeen black tops and hello to sunshiny colors. :)

"If it's not black, put it back." That's been my shopping motto for a long time, with an exception for navy blue and grey, of course! My next round of shopping will be brighter. 

Karimeaway, Trish1967 and NerdyLady like this

That is a truly outstanding transformation Kari - happy surgiversary to you!

Karimeaway, NerdyLady and Trish1967 like this

17 hours ago, Karimeaway said:

before and after.jpg

Just outstanding. You must (deservedly) feel great! 

(Your smile shines through BOTH photos!)

7 minutes ago, BurgundyBoy said:

Just outstanding. You must (deservedly) feel great! 

(Your smile shines through BOTH photos!)

The second picture is me yelling through my teeth to my husband "DONT GET MY GUT IN THE PICTURE" lol  I do feel much better for sure!

Trish1967 likes this

7 hours ago, Jen581791 said:

"If it's not black, put it back." That's been my shopping motto for a long time, with an exception for navy blue and grey, of course! My next round of shopping will be brighter. 

I was almost forced to have the colors.  I was running out of work out clothes and a girlfriend gave me hers that she no longer wears.  I've loved it though!  My wardrobe looks like a funeral.  I need a little bit of brighter.  I think it puts a little bounce in my step or at least that is what Im believing. 

Jen581791, Trish1967 and NerdyLady like this

1 minute ago, Karimeaway said:

The second picture is me yelling through my teeth to my husband "DONT GET MY GUT IN THE PICTURE" lol  I do feel much better for sure!

(Ah, the smile to the spouse of "don't mess this up or I will kill you!")

9 hours ago, NerdyLady said:

@NerdyLady Yes.  50 shades of gray is not just a book but my closet.  Although it would be more like 50 shades of black.  Seriously no more black.  Yesterday I was looking for a new shirt at Walmart and picked up a black shirt.  Somethings are hard to change!

Jen581791, NerdyLady and Trish1967 like this

11 hours ago, Jen581791 said:

@Jen581791I love your new profile picture!  I feel the same with you.  How does it feel to be only 20 pounds from goal?!?

Jen581791, NerdyLady and Trish1967 like this

15 hours ago, CJireh said:

INCREDIBLE!!!  You look like a different person and I bet you have lots more energy to keep up with that little cutie!

@CJireh That little guy and his brother were two of the main reasons I had my surgery.  Yes I can play harder and mom harder than ever before!

NerdyLady and Trish1967 like this

22 minutes ago, Karimeaway said:

@Jen581791I love your new profile picture!  I feel the same with you.  How does it feel to be only 20 pounds from goal?!?

Thanks! 

It feels great to be close to goal. I can kind of see it on the horizon now. I'm not in a huge hurry, though, because I'm already just so pleased to be where I am - if it takes a year to lose the rest, I'll be OK with that. Or if it stops altogether anywhere before then, I'll still be happy. I've met almost all the goals I had set for myself pre-op, besides just the number thing, so since no one out there (besides whoever is reading this forum!!! <_<) knows how much I weigh, I wouldn't be too bothered by any number between here and there. 

I like getting clothes from other people, btw - it helps me move out of my safe wardrobe territory. I swear I would wear a uniform if I could get away with it. It would, of course, be black... :lol:

NerdyLady, Trish1967 and Karimeaway like this

38 minutes ago, Karimeaway said:

@CJireh That little guy and his brother were two of the main reasons I had my surgery.  Yes I can play harder and mom harder than ever before!

those are wonderful reasons!  And enjoy making memories WITH them instead of FOR them! I spent way too many years behind the camera so that i don't look like I even participated in "family" at times!

Karimeaway, Trish1967 and NerdyLady like this

Wow, Kari!!!! You look incredible!!! Happy almost one year surgiversary!! :D

You look very nice..  Great job !

Trish1967, NerdyLady and Karimeaway like this

Incredible job, @Karimeaway!! You look fit, trim, and ready to conquer the world - or at least your little ones...lol! Seriously though, you look absolutely amazing and should be incredibly proud of yourself! Keep up the great work and you will be at goal in no time! Congrats!!!

On 10/9/2017 at 3:11 AM, Jen581791 said:

@Jen581791 I once told my mother that grey is my festive color. :lol:

On 10/9/2017 at 10:37 AM, Karimeaway said:

@Karimeaway LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!! My husband knew the drill. Do NOT get a body shot. Under no circumstances will I accept a body shot. I will delete all photos of our vacation if you get my body in a picture. 

On 10/9/2017 at 10:37 AM, Karimeaway said:

@Karimeaway I do not see any hint of a gut in the second picture. All I see is fantastic!