Nana Trish

Has anyone heard from Michael_A?

@bellamoma, sounds like you are doing great and that is wondering.  

I see you live in Philly?  I am in South Jersey and wondering where you had your surgery?  I am going to Philly for mine

I had mine at Cooper- Dr. Rohit Patel.  Great surgeon.  xo

Funny that we are both crossing the river!  I am going to Jefferson for mine.  So close to being able to set it up that I can hardly stand it!  

I had a friend that went to Cooper for hers.  She loved it there

3 hours ago, bellamoma said:

Hey ya'll.  first let me say how sorry i am for any concern! I see your NSVs and think about you all so much.  I can't believe i became one of the ones who was super active and then dropped off. Not my intention, for sure. 

Overall I am doing pretty well. I am maintaining, although it seems consuming at times. Maintaining is hard. I'm doing it, but it feels like a full time job sometimes. Thankfully no compulsive behaviors have developed, although I sure do love to shop. I have cooled off on that though. God I love shopping. 

Anyways! I signed on because I wanted to check in with everyone and see how ya'll are doing and to say hi. Lo, there was a notification that cheesehead was looking for me, as well as some others. I am so touched. I love you guys!!!!! 

PS, my baby is in full time kindergarten! what??!!!! 

Welcome back - we missed your insightful and thoughtful posts!

If you are shocked that your “baby” is now in kindergarten just think how I feel that my “baby” is a few months away from graduating from graduate school.  :o

5 hours ago, bellamoma said:

Hey ya'll.  first let me say how sorry i am for any concern! I see your NSVs and think about you all so much.  I can't believe i became one of the ones who was super active and then dropped off. Not my intention, for sure. 

Overall I am doing pretty well. I am maintaining, although it seems consuming at times. Maintaining is hard. I'm doing it, but it feels like a full time job sometimes. Thankfully no compulsive behaviors have developed, although I sure do love to shop. I have cooled off on that though. God I love shopping. 

Anyways! I signed on because I wanted to check in with everyone and see how ya'll are doing and to say hi. Lo, there was a notification that cheesehead was looking for me, as well as some others. I am so touched. I love you guys!!!!! 

PS, my baby is in full time kindergarten! what??!!!! 

Great to see you back! And no, that must be someone else's child...

My cuddly one is 6'4" tall as a bean pole and somewhat more gnarly. Sigh. 

Hooray @bellamoma  Glad to know everything is ok. 

My little one (who is currently screaming at decibles I did not know existed) will be two on Sunday. I can't imagine kindergarten but I know it will be here soon. 

burgundy boy, 6-4?!?!? i know i'm headed there, my boys are very tall for their age. can't wrap my head around it. nerdy, yes you'll be there before you know it!!!!! 

12 hours ago, bellamoma said:

burgundy boy, 6-4?!?!? i know i'm headed there, my boys are very tall for their age. can't wrap my head around it. nerdy, yes you'll be there before you know it!!!!! 

Now I remember when my Mom asked me to sit on her lap when I was 20. Nearly killed her but it made her happy.:D

8 minutes ago, Michael_A said:

Nov 10 it is :-)

IMG_5698.GIF

IMG_5699.GIF

IMG_5700.GIF

3 minutes ago, NerdyLady said:

IMG_5698.GIF

IMG_5699.GIF

IMG_5700.GIF

LOL....

Just now, Michael_A said:

LOL....

I AM ALL CAPS THRILLED FOR YOU!

Honestly, I am as excited as the day I got my own date. You were one of the first people to reach out to me and I will never forget your kindness. Your journey is admirable and I can't wait to see you on the other side! 

IMG_5701.GIF

Yes!!!!!! A date! I'm so excited and happy and ready for you to do this! I live in your surgery city, so my prayers and good vibes should arrive quickly on November 10. Woo hoo!

@Michael_A...Woot!! Woot!!! This news just made my day! I've been thinking about your journey a lot with some personal retrospect I've been doing the last 24hrs, and I kept thinking over and over how much you deserve to hear good news on this surgery date. You have had quite the journey, and accomplished so much already, I know you are very well prepared for the loser's bench. You're definitely an inspiration for all of us on perseverance and dedication! November will be here before you know it! I so thrilled for you!!! :D

8 hours ago, Michael_A said:

Great news!!  I am very happy for you and cannot wait to welcome you to the losers bench!!

9 hours ago, Michael_A said:

:D:D:D:D:D for you. About time. You must be the most over-prepared person on the planet for WLS. Good to see you post. 

On 10/9/2017 at 0:52 PM, Michael_A said:

Wow, thanks for the concern! All is well.

One thing we learn here on this forum is that liver size is a concern and that's why we are placed on a liquid diet 2-3 weeks before surgery, to shrink the liver. It has to be lifted out of the way during surgery (for gastric bypass) with a special tool/holder for the duration of the surgery. We've all heard people say that their surgeons tried to scare them will lines like "if your liver is too big when you get to the OR then we won't even perform the operation", etc. 

So I have seemingly picked the one surgeon in the US who is completely focused on liver size. She won't operate until it reaches a certain size. Based on my time here on the forum, I realize she is completely unique in this. The truth is, in spite of having you go through the motions, I believe most surgeons will perform the operation regardless, because I have yet to see a member here say "I cheated badly on my liquid diet, didn't tell my surgeon, and then when I woke up from surgery they hadn't done the procedure because my liver was too big". But my surgeon thinks its a big deal. She doesn't want the liver to bleed during the operation or even get bruised in any way. So, that has had me getting ultrasounds, nearly every month for the last few months, to check liver size. The last one in Aug was close but not quite enough for her. 

I have another this Weds and I'm sure it will be good. I've continued to lose weight, and the irony is that I will have lost almost  half my goal weight before surgery. They have unofficially penciled me in for mid- Nov, but I'm honestly tired of talking about dates. 

I did check with the insurance co about switching surgeons, but it would take longer to get surgery that way, than it would for me to just do what I have to do now.

And since I'm pretty much in neutral, going about my business waiting for time to go by, I needed a break from the forum and get surgery off my mind.

Thanks for the update @Michael_A! I don't blame you for being frustrated. Sometimes when I find my self in situations that are beyond my control or just don't seem to be going the way I want them to it helps to remind myself that everything happens for a reason. Looking back, if I'd always gotten what I wanted when I wanted I'd have had a lot more heartache over the years. Brings to mind Garth Brooks "Unanswered Prayers." Hang in there buddy!

Edited by Chefman77

10 hours ago, NerdyLady said:

I AM ALL CAPS THRILLED FOR YOU!

Honestly, I am as excited as the day I got my own date. You were one of the first people to reach out to me and I will never forget your kindness. Your journey is admirable and I can't wait to see you on the other side! 

IMG_5701.GIF

Where on earth did you find the ultimate WLS gif???? That's instant classic right there. 

And @Michael_A, congrats! November 10 is just around the corner. I bet you don't need any tips on liquid dieting, amirite? You are so set. I'm scooching over a bit so there's room on the bench for you.

15 minutes ago, Jen581791 said:

Where on earth did you find the ultimate WLS gif???? That's instant classic right there. 

And @Michael_A, congrats! November 10 is just around the corner. I bet you don't need any tips on liquid dieting, amirite? You are so set. I'm scooching over a bit so there's room on the bench for you.

@Jen581791 I found it on Giphy! I looked under "celebration" and this beauty appeared. The WLS gods have given us a beautiful gift!

Congratulations Michael!

11 hours ago, Michael_A said:

@Michael_A.....fantastic!!!  So your liver shrunk enough?  Awesome!!!  You will be just 2 days behind @AustinJ  I think!  Hopefully I won't be too far behind you!!!! Congrats!!!!

12 hours ago, Michael_A said:

That is absolutely, completely, utterly, totally the BEST NEWS I could have hoped to see today!! I'm so happy for you, there aren't even words to express it!!! You finally have a light at the end of the tunnel, and it's coming up fast! Wow...3 weeks and 3 days... You're almost there, my friend!!!!!!! :o:D

1 hour ago, Jen581791 said:

^^^Yes, yes!!! I think @Michael_A deserves a plaque above his seat on the bench, and an award for being THE most determined person to ever have WLS!! Congrats and so much more, Michael! 

13 hours ago, Michael_A said:

So happy for you!!!!  FINALLY!!!!!

On 10/16/2017 at 8:13 PM, Michael_A said:

Hallelujah!!! A glorious day it shall be!!!