Sign in to follow this  
CheeringCJ

does anyone have TMJ and use a CPAP machine?

i remember reading where cpaps help you with headaches and I was so looking forward to that, but I have had a terrible headache every day this week....and terrible TMJ pain.  I have just been taking ibuprofen like it is going out of style! :(  

I sooo hate this machine/mask. I called the resp therapist yesterday and they never put in the order for the new mask so i will have to wait a few more days for it....but it is killing me.  I am still all broken out from the mask and just want to cry everytime I go to bed.  The RT yesterday told me in order for it to count, I need 4 hrs a night, so last night after 4 am, I yanked it off and just slept well!!!  This is so stupid.  I really think I should try to the nose pillow thing too but I have to wait to see if this one works before they will send me another.  

I have both as well. I had no idea I had sleep apnea until I did the testing for surgery and I have it pretty severe.

I do have the nose pillow one (Dreamwear) and it's not much better. I am glad it's not a mask type though and it is pretty comfortable. Due to the cpap, i have to keep my mouth closed. To hold up the nose pillow it seems I clench my jaw and grind by teeth unconsciously and wake up with horrible headaches and jaw aches. Dentist now wants me to wear a mouth guard. I just got it today and will start to wear that to see if it helps. 

Do the best you can with the cpap though or it will just delay the surgery. You are lucky, ours said we had to wear it 5-6 hours a night and they can see the results on their end via wi-fi reports.