Nana Trish

A little good news...

48 minutes ago, Trish1967 said:

Oh and a side note...I found a new snack! Teriyaki flavored roasted seaweed of all things!! Stopped at the Healthy living market after the doctor and decided to walk on the wild side and try something new. I was really surprised, but I love them! :D

If you like it, seaweed is a good snack choice.  Personally, I prefer smokehouse almonds....:D

9 minutes ago, Res Ipsa said:

If you like it, seaweed is a good snack choice.  Personally, I prefer smokehouse almonds....:D

I’m trying to broaden my horizons a little, so I figured I’d give seaweed a try. It was tasty! But I also love smokehouse almonds...hubby buys those every week and I’ve snacked on them a few times :) If I had to choose one over the other, it would be the almonds, lol...but the calories in them don’t always fit into my daily plan. 

10 hours ago, Trish1967 said:

Thank you, @Res Ipsa :) 

Here’s what I know right now....The mass on my kidney is partially fluid filled, partially solid. This means that it’s more than a cyst, but not sure if it’s cancerous.  They ordered an ultrasound for January 4th, and they will be checking to see if it has grown or not. If it grows, it’s cancerous and there will be no need for a biopsy. If it doesn’t, they will biopsy it to check for cancer. If it grows even a couple of millimeters, that will mean more surgery and another cancer diagnosis. And as a consolation prize, I get to have a cystoscopy!! Yay!! (Sarcasm noted) 

Even though things are still uncertain, it was a positive experience. This was my first time with the new urologist and it was a woman, and she was very nice...and very knowledgeable. She spent almost an hour with me, answering all of my questions and explaining everything to me. So for now, it’s business as usual, and on a good note, I’m down 115 pounds as of this morning!!

Oh and a side note...I found a new snack! Teriyaki flavored roasted seaweed of all things!! Stopped at the Healthy living market after the doctor and decided to walk on the wild side and try something new. I was really surprised, but I love them! :D

@Trish1967 Sounds like a glass half-full outcome. And, down a whole lot! Something deserving of another congratulations!

Every once in a while my local Costco has these giant bags of seaweed packets ... which I find addicting! Good they are only a few calories. I'm like you, I have to limit my almond intake a la @Res Ipsa just because of the calories, they have good oils in them. :)

2 hours ago, BurgundyBoy said:

@Trish1967 Sounds like a glass half-full outcome. And, down a whole lot! Something deserving of another congratulations!

Every once in a while my local Costco has these giant bags of seaweed packets ... which I find addicting! Good they are only a few calories. I'm like you, I have to limit my almond intake a la @Res Ipsa just because of the calories, they have good oils in them. :)

@BurgundyBoy, thanks for the congrats!! Hoping the weight loss continues as it has been for a while longer *knocks wood*

I bought the smaller package just to try, then I went back in and bought another, lol. Being very low calorie surely makes seaweed a good snack! I agree that almonds have good oils in them, and that's the part I'm missing out on by only eating a half ounce for a snack when I eat them. I will probably eat a little more when I'm in maintenance, but for now, not so much...I'll just munch on my seaweed "chips" while hubs eats his almonds, lol. 

Thank you for the update, Trish. So hard to wait until January 4th! I'm hoping the mass shrinks along with the rest of you in that time. 115 pounds! Wow wow wow! Amazing job!

9 minutes ago, Gretta said:

Thank you for the update, Trish. So hard to wait until January 4th! I'm hoping the mass shrinks along with the rest of you in that time. 115 pounds! Wow wow wow! Amazing job!

Thanks Gretta!! I think the time will go by rather quickly...we have Halloween, Thanksgiving, My beautiful grandsons 1st birthday, Christmas and New Years between now and then, so my mind will be pretty occupied with other things :) Amen to a shrinking mass!! I'm hoping to be another 20 pounds lighter by Christmas, so that will take the front seat for now, lol. 

19 hours ago, Trish1967 said:

Thank you, @Res Ipsa :) 

Here’s what I know right now....The mass on my kidney is partially fluid filled, partially solid. This means that it’s more than a cyst, but not sure if it’s cancerous.  They ordered an ultrasound for January 4th, and they will be checking to see if it has grown or not. If it grows, it’s cancerous and there will be no need for a biopsy. If it doesn’t, they will biopsy it to check for cancer. If it grows even a couple of millimeters, that will mean more surgery and another cancer diagnosis. And as a consolation prize, I get to have a cystoscopy!! Yay!! (Sarcasm noted) 

Even though things are still uncertain, it was a positive experience. This was my first time with the new urologist and it was a woman, and she was very nice...and very knowledgeable. She spent almost an hour with me, answering all of my questions and explaining everything to me. So for now, it’s business as usual, and on a good note, I’m down 115 pounds as of this morning!!

You'll be in my prayers @Trish1967 :wub:

These are worth a try (you can switch it around a bit with kale, chard, mustard, collards etc).  http://ohsheglows.com/2014/03/12/6-tips-for-flawless-kale-chips-all-dressed-kale-chips-recipe/

15 hours ago, NerdyLady said:

You'll be in my prayers @Trish1967 :wub:

Thank you, my friend!!! :wub:

Just now, cinwa said:

These are worth a try (you can switch it around a bit with kale, chard, mustard, collards etc).  http://ohsheglows.com/2014/03/12/6-tips-for-flawless-kale-chips-all-dressed-kale-chips-recipe/

Awesome, @cinwa, thank you!!