Nana Trish

A little good news...

Recommended Posts

I FINALLY heard back from my endocrinologist today (after 2 weeks...) and he said my thyroid bed/lymph node ultrasound came back normal! The spike in my thyroglobulin level is (most likely) due to a bit of malabsorption of my thyroid hormone replacement. The doc already increased my dosage, and I will be retested in 4 weeks. 

Now to get the kidney mass diagnosed...I see the urologist on the 9th. Prayers that the lucky streak continues! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Outstanding news on your thyroid bed/lymph node test Trish!

I'll continue to hold you in my thoughts and prayers for the kidney test on the 9th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's great news! Praying for the lucky streak!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

good news....now keep it up, and bring us more good news on the 9th!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not just good news, that is truly fabulous news!  Very happy for you and praying that positive news will continue your way. :)

By the way, although luck helps, you have made your own luck by losing so much weight. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So happy to hear that! I'll continue crossing all my fingers and toes as you figure out whats up with that kidney! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fantastic!  Hope all is good next week, too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great news, hope the positive momentum continues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's great, Trish!  Can't wait to hear more good news on the 9th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's excellent news, Trish. Fingers crossed and sending good vibes for continued good news on the medical front :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks, everyone :) 

@Kio and @CJireh, I will only be meeting with the urologist on the 9th to schedule diagnostic testing, so I won't have any answers that day. Hopefully it won't take too long for testing and getting results. I'm cautiously optimistic, but I will keep everyone posted :) 

Thank you, @Res Ipsa, for your kind words :) I hope you're right!! I've never made my own luck before, lol...let's hope I have now!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Crossing my fingers, toes and saggy boobs that your kidneys are a-ok!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NerdyLady said:

Crossing my fingers, toes and saggy boobs that your kidneys are a-ok!

Thank you, @NerdyLady!! And talk about saggy boobs...OMG!! I think that's where my last 15 pounds have gone! :unsure: lol! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trish we create the world around us; and, so your infectious good attitude must have rubbed off on your thyroid. ...good luck with next evaluations. Your belly behaving itself too? Best BB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BurgundyBoy said:

Trish we create the world around us; and, so your infectious good attitude must have rubbed off on your thyroid. ...good luck with next evaluations. Your belly behaving itself too? Best BB

Thank you for the good luck wishes , @BurgundyBoy :) Yes, so far, my belly has been behaving itself. A little cramping here and there, but otherwise close to back to normal. Thank God! 

My endo told me that the thyroid bed shows no residual thyroid tissue or regrowth, which is what we want to hear. But the bigger concern was my lymph nodes, and apparently they are ok as well. I still always feel better having the reports in hand, in case I want/need a second opinion. So I will be picking those up tomorrow AM. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Trish1967 said:

Thank you for the good luck wishes , @BurgundyBoy :) Yes, so far, my belly has been behaving itself. A little cramping here and there, but otherwise close to back to normal. Thank God! 

My endo told me that the thyroid bed shows no residual thyroid tissue or regrowth, which is what we want to hear. But the bigger concern was my lymph nodes, and apparently they are ok as well. I still always feel better having the reports in hand, in case I want/need a second opinion. So I will be picking those up tomorrow AM. 

@Trish1967 I admire your commitment to your health and meticulous record keeping. Having your reports is a wise thing to do, even if you never need them. Keep on truckin', baby!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, NerdyLady said:

@Trish1967 I admire your commitment to your health and meticulous record keeping. Having your reports is a wise thing to do, even if you never need them. Keep on truckin', baby!

@NerdyLady...unfortunately, over the years, I've learned the hard way to be "in the know" and have copies of all of my medical records. My thyroid cancer could have been diagnosed much earlier if my PCP had only just read all of the test results she sent me for. It took my bariatric surgeon's pre op testing to set off warning bells on my lab results. My PCP had been getting those same results for years. So yes, I actually have a file labeled "pathology/lab reports" in my filing cabinet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/5/2017 at 11:14 PM, NerdyLady said:

@Trish1967 I admire your commitment to your health and meticulous record keeping. Having your reports is a wise thing to do, even if you never need them. Keep on truckin', baby!

I got copies of my medical records yesterday...and I found something quite interesting in them that no one has told me yet. When they did my CT, they checked out all of my major organs, etc...and in the description of my liver, it said..."NO FATTY LIVER"!!! It's gone!!! I've had fatty liver disease since my mid to late 20's (I can't remember the exact date I was diagnosed). I can't even tell you the feeling of euphoria I had after reading that! There's two major health issues I can cross off my list...diabetes and fatty liver, I've kicked you both to the curb!!!!!! B)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

giphy.gif

That's awesome! Making a list of victories... :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you, @Jen581791!!! That's one of the biggest reasons I've had WLS...I think the BP meds are next. I stopped taking them this past Monday (on my own, not on the advice of my cardio...I know, I know, I'll call him on Monday, lol) because my BP's were running low and I wanted to test the waters. After 5 days off the meds, it's still running a bit low-normal :D

By the way, I LOVE your new profile picture!! Beautiful...and you look so happy!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Trish1967 said:

Thank you, @Jen581791!!! That's one of the biggest reasons I've had WLS...I think the BP meds are next. I stopped taking them this past Monday (on my own, not on the advice of my cardio...I know, I know, I'll call him on Monday, lol) because my BP's were running low and I wanted to test the waters. After 5 days off the meds, it's still running a bit low-normal :D

By the way, I LOVE your new profile picture!! Beautiful...and you look so happy!!

Thanks, Trish! I took it yesterday on a trip to the mountains. 

Careful with your self-doctoring! Glad to hear your BP is doing really well, though (a little TOO well). The health NSVs are coming fast and thick for you right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Trish1967 said:

I got copies of my medical records yesterday...and I found something quite interesting in them that no one has told me yet. When they did my CT, they checked out all of my major organs, etc...and in the description of my liver, it said..."NO FATTY LIVER"!!! It's gone!!! I've had fatty liver disease since my mid to late 20's (I can't remember the exact date I was diagnosed). I can't even tell you the feeling of euphoria I had after reading that! There's two major health issues I can cross off my list...diabetes and fatty liver, I've kicked you both to the curb!!!!!! B)

Wow Trish wonderful news. Between that and your lower BP these are pretty big NSVs!!

(Am about due to have an abdominal ultrasound -- history of aortic aneurysms in the family -- will have to see if mine has gotten better too!) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jen581791 said:

Thanks, Trish! I took it yesterday on a trip to the mountains. 

Careful with your self-doctoring! Glad to hear your BP is doing really well, though (a little TOO well). The health NSVs are coming fast and thick for you right now.

Ahh...a trip to the mountains sounds lovely right now!! Of course I mean the ones local to me, lol. I can only imagine the mountain views in Oman!! My big trip this weekend will be a visit to my local Six Flags for fright fest...hubby and I are huge Halloween fans, and I've never been to their frigh fest. Plus, still being tethered to my wheelchair doesn't make it easy to go mountain climbing :wacko:

I promise I'm being careful with the self doctoring :) Thanks for worrying about me!!  My pressures were low enough to make me dizzy and feel faint, so I stopped taking them. A week, one way or the other, won't make a difference being off the meds. I think if I had stayed on them I surely would have fainted. I had so much going on last week that I truly didn't have a chance to call my cardio. I may just stop by his office on Monday after my urology appointment. Still WAY too many doctors appointments after this much weight loss *sighs*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BurgundyBoy said:

Wow Trish wonderful news. Between that and your lower BP these are pretty big NSVs!!

(Am about due to have an abdominal ultrasound -- history of aortic aneurysms in the family -- will have to see if mine has gotten better too!) 

Thanks, @BurgundyBoy!! I'm loving the health improvements I've had so far...just waiting for the rest to catch up!!

Yikes...aortic aneurysms are nothing to mess around with!! I hope everything looks good with your ultrasound!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Trish1967 said:

Ahh...a trip to the mountains sounds lovely right now!! Of course I mean the ones local to me, lol. I can only imagine the mountain views in Oman!! My big trip this weekend will be a visit to my local Six Flags for fright fest...hubby and I are huge Halloween fans, and I've never been to their frigh fest. Plus, still being tethered to my wheelchair doesn't make it easy to go mountain climbing :wacko:

I promise I'm being careful with the self doctoring :) Thanks for worrying about me!!  My pressures were low enough to make me dizzy and feel faint, so I stopped taking them. A week, one way or the other, won't make a difference being off the meds. I think if I had stayed on them I surely would have fainted. I had so much going on last week that I truly didn't have a chance to call my cardio. I may just stop by his office on Monday after my urology appointment. Still WAY too many doctors appointments after this much weight loss *sighs*

I hope the doctor visits start to taper off. I imagine they will as your body starts to normalize its many systems and your health improves. I suppose that kind of thing doesn't happen overnight, even though the weight loss sort of does. Fainting is probably not a good thing. 

Have fun at Six Flags (I love amusement parks). Fright fest sounds good. Boo!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now