TammyP

Colonoscopy...Weeeeee :(

31 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, CJireh said:

Wait until you start drinking the prep stuff, you will feel so bloated that you will forget you are hungry!  

Hunger is indeed forgotten, but this stuff is the WORST.  And to think I have to drink it again at 12:30am (48 ounces of fluid total)  #DiesInside  #MissestheForties  #OncePerDecadeArgh

@TammyP  It's a shame you have that....mine was just Gatorade and you mixed in 4 oz of powder laxative (flavorless).  It was sweet (which I hate) bit basically tasted like the Gatorade. Good luck with tomorrow (and don't forget to use Vaseline on your tender you-know-what!!!  And if it isn't tender, it will be soon so start using it). This is the worst part, tomorrow will be a breeze!!!

Edited by CJireh

Thank you @CJireh.  Sorry for the whining but it made me feel better that someone was listening. :unsure:

no problem @TammyP, I totally understand.....hope all is going well with your procedure today!

I'm happy to report my colonoscopy was a piece of cake!  I was in and out of the surgery center within 90 mins.  I am now enjoying an egg, bacon and cheese jalapeno biscuit (not too much biscuit cuz carbs).  Doc said everything looked good.  No oxygen issues.  The first thing I did when I woke up in recovery was ask on the monitor which number was my oxygen level lol.  100 is a good level :D  I dare say I have kicked my sleep apnea to the curb woohoooo!

Res Ipsa likes this

Awesome! @TammyP, so glad there was no O2 problems!!!  Glad to be done?  The first thing I asked my dr was "was the prep good?" bc who knows how cleared out you are???  Jut the one who's been looking in there and that wasn't me!  She said it was good (but on my post op paperwork she gave me an 8 out of 10.  I hate to lose so for a second I was disappointed in myself but then I saw the pics and they looked clear and I thought "don't beat yourself up over stupid things!" haha

Enjoy your day...it is easy afterwards but I took it easy anyway just because I could!!!! :D

TammyP likes this