Lizinabin

Back in the Saddle

10 posts in this topic

You know how most of us have tried so many different weight loss programs?  Yeah, me too.  The one I had most success with was Overeaters Anonymous.  I lost 100+ pounds and over the course of time regained everything plus.  Don't know how many other people this has happened to but regain is real.  Even now.  I am 3 1/2 years out from my sleeve surgery and still have so far to go but yep, you guessed it, I regained.  Not going to dwell on that though.  I did it, I'm not proud of it but I own it.  

If you''ve ever attended an 'Anonymous' meeting of any kind then you know the mantra of one day at a time.  Well, I've strung up 12 of those one days as of this morning and I need to see it in print to remind me of how far I've made it so far.  I'm coming back from 30 pounds of regain.  Am I perfect? Hell no!!  I've had a bad  day or two along the way but today is a new day and I am determined to continue with my eating plan and using My Fitness Pal to log my food and do my walking.  I have grown lazy but it's time to stand up and get moving again.

Thanks for giving me a place I can come to and see I am not alone.

Liz

Kudos to you Liz.  You sound as if you've got your head in the game.

Lizinabin likes this

Great job Liz! Keep going forward on this journey of weight loss and improved health.  

Lizinabin likes this

Great attitude! That attitude, tracking on My Fitness Pal, and getting support here from people who truly know the struggle is a recipe for success!

CoTN and Lizinabin like this

On 9/30/2017 at 7:15 AM, Lizinabin said:

... I did it, I'm not proud of it but I own it.  

Thanks for giving me a place I can come to and see I am not alone.

Liz

Very Adult. We're along for the ride with you.

Lizinabin and CoTN like this

Today I am struggling with head hunger.  I see that in my food log and my attitude.  I'm still working my program but it's not easy today.

Thank you for being along on the ride with me.  I love the company. <3

Gretta, LadyFLrebotTX and TammyP like this

I hate the hard days! Hoping tomorrow is better.

14 hours ago, Lizinabin said:

Today I am struggling with head hunger.  I see that in my food log and my attitude.  I'm still working my program but it's not easy today.

Try warm drinks Liz - Celestial Seasonings fruity teas are my go-to when I have a case of the munchies.

16 hours ago, Lizinabin said:

Like @cinwa got to hot drinks. I still buy lots of chicken broth to heat up and drink to fill myself up ... 

Last night after eating some cheese and a bit of salami I sort of woke up to my snacking and realized it was all head hunger. That and your posting reminds me I meant to buy some more lo-cal lemon lozenges to put in my mouth when the head hunger comes knocking at my door. 

TammyP likes this

None of us are perfect....as you said, " one day at a time" you've done it before, and you can do it again!!!