AustinJ

New to Thinner Times

32 minutes ago, AustinJ said:

I have a 10 day pre-op liquid only diet that I start on Oct 28th. I will also have the post-op liquid diet for at least a week.

No Halloween candy this year, which is just as well!  Here's to a healthier you!

3 minutes ago, CJireh said:

No Halloween candy this year, which is just as well!  Here's to a healthier you!

Yeah, I'm okay with that I wasn't ever a big candy eater. Mountain Dew was my biggest issue.

I used to let my kids pick five candy bars to keep and then I'd "buy" the rest of their candy from them for $5 and send it in with my husband to his office Bc having the little "fun sizes" laying around was never good for me!

Welcome Austin!!  We're glad you are with us.  

On 10/5/2017 at 7:24 PM, AustinJ said:

Yeah, I'm okay with that I wasn't ever a big candy eater. Mountain Dew was my biggest issue.

The SodaStream Fountain Style Diet Fountain Mist is a dupe for Mountain Dew and it can be made with straight water.  It's one of my favourite drinks during the summer months.

On 10/5/2017 at 9:24 PM, AustinJ said:

@BurgundyBoyBurgundyBoy those are both great studies on the effects of WLS on Gout. I plan on having a gout flare after surgery because I had a pretty bad one after gallbladder surgery last year. That is a small price to pay to reduce future gout flare and to extend my life.

In retrospect I may have had mild gout ... got big toe joint pains, but not the joints that are weight bearing. For what it is worth that occasional pain is now completely gone. 

Anyone, good to be prepared with the knowledge you may have a flare. :wacko:

1 hour ago, BurgundyBoy said:

In retrospect I may have had mild gout ... got big toe joint pains, but not the joints that are weight bearing. For what it is worth that occasional pain is now completely gone. 

Anyone, good to be prepared with the knowledge you may have a flare. :wacko:

My flares are usually in my ankles thanks to a lot a damage from college football. But I have had flares in my toes, knees, hip, elbow, shoulder and wrist too. And all at the same time on my right side after gallbladder surgery. Luckily the meds I'm on now have my uric acid levels down in the 4-4.5 range where it was in the 7 range before.

6 minutes ago, AustinJ said:

My flares are usually in my ankles thanks to a lot a damage from college football. But I have had flares in my toes, knees, hip, elbow, shoulder and wrist too. And all at the same time on my right side after gallbladder surgery. Luckily the meds I'm on now have my uric acid levels down in the 4-4.5 range where it was in the 7 range before.

Woof. Sounds like you have been in a lot of pain at one time or another. 

Congrats on the pre-surgery weight loss again, a big accomplishment. Just a month away now. 

Yep, 32 days in counting. I'm thinking about making one of those paper ring things like kids make before Christmas.