xmandy

Last Appointment Today!

So did I @CJireh!  I was shocked when I got the call this morning.  She asked if I wanted to do it next week or wait until next month.  I told her I've waited long enough.  Lol

7 hours ago, xmandy said:

It only took two weeks to get approval!!!!!  I got the call today.  Surgery is next Tuesday, 10-17-17!!  I start my liquid diet tomorrow for the next 7 days.  I'm so excited but starting to get really nervous now!!  

Congratulations!!! Its a big step and the nerves will kick in, but know that is normal. Just think.... you're about  to change your life and begin a healthy relationship with food going forward.  I'm super excited for you! :D

Wow, @xmandy! That's awesome! The countdown has begun!

@xmandy Delightful news!

Just use this time now to make sure you have all your supports in place, physical and social/emotional; if you are going to do any exercise, what it will be; consider getting those measurements done so you can celebrate the NSVs of inches lost...

9 hours ago, xmandy said:

So did I @CJireh!  I was shocked when I got the call this morning.  She asked if I wanted to do it next week or wait until next month.  I told her I've waited long enough.  Lol

pretty exciting!  might as well just go for it then to put it off another month!  Yay!!!

@AustinJ  I have to pay 20% since I haven't met my deductible.  I work for a school district and of course our insurance starts over on September 1st.  It comes out to a little under $4000.  :o

Thank you @Trish13, @Gretta, and @BurgundyBoy!  I'm so ready to change my life.  I'm incredibly lucky and have an extremely supportive family.  In fact, my mom is going to come spend at least a week at my house to help with my rambunctious puppy lol

I will say that it's only been day 1 of the liquid diet and my stomach has been growling non stop today lol.  But, I have to follow doctor's orders.  Tomorrow I have my pre-op appointment with my surgeon in the morning and then the hospital in the afternoon.  It's getting real!!  :D

1 hour ago, xmandy said:

Thank you @Trish13, @Gretta, and @BurgundyBoy!  I'm so ready to change my life.  I'm incredibly lucky and have an extremely supportive family.  In fact, my mom is going to come spend at least a week at my house to help with my rambunctious puppy lol

I will say that it's only been day 1 of the liquid diet and my stomach has been growling non stop today lol.  But, I have to follow doctor's orders.  Tomorrow I have my pre-op appointment with my surgeon in the morning and then the hospital in the afternoon.  It's getting real!!  :D

The liquid diet gets better around day 4. You can do it! Almost there!

On 10/9/2017 at 10:34 PM, xmandy said:

I am so excited for you!!!!!!!!!

On 10/2/2017 at 3:49 PM, BurgundyBoy said:

Evil of them to cover so little. Hisss. 

Maybe it's a BCBS issue? No, I'm not bitter. I'M NOT BITTERRR! :D

1 hour ago, NerdyLady said:

Maybe it's a BCBS issue? No, I'm not bitter. I'M NOT BITTERRR! :D

My BCBS paid nearly all of mine.  It's not the insurance company that makes the rules, it's whoever contracts with them (usually your employer) who determines how much of what will be covered.